𝔻𝕒𝕪 - 𝟞𝟙

-Luca's Pov-

"I'm glad you had a safe trip," I sigh rubbing my face. I slowly feel the blood returning to my face. "Where are you now?" Kyle called me the second his plane landed, so I headed to my room. When I made it inside, Jasper also answered his phone, leading me to believe Kaleb called him.
"Cannes," he answers. "My mother is here with me, but we weren't able to get seats together-"
"Which is why you are able to call me," I smile sitting on his side of the bed. I glance at the clock. It's 11:57 in the morning.
"Yeah. I can probably talk for three more minutes, but then I have to go."
"Oh!" I exclaim remembering, "What time is it there?"
"Right now it's 6:58 in the afternoon. I'm pretty sure it's a 7 hour time difference."
So if I call him before I go to work, he'll probably already be shooting...and after work, he might be asleep...
I hold back a sigh. "Th-That's not too bad!" My phone vibrates once in my hand. I ignore it.
"You aren't gunna look at that?" Kyle asks sighing.
"I'm positive you are way more important than that right now," I combat.
"I guess I'll just tell you then," he laughs. "I emailed you my script. I was hoping that you wouldn't be too tired to help me run lines in the morning after you've come back from work at night."
I take my phone away from my ear and look at the subject line of the email. "Je Suis Là (I am here)." I slap my phone back against my face. "I would be honored!"
He laughs heavily.
I can clearly picture his smiling face and enjoy every second of the sound.
"Promise me you won't let my absence affect you too much," he's finally able to squeeze out.
I brush off the fact I skipped out on my shift. "Of course!"
"So you didn't abandon my brother this morning?"
My head falls below my phone.
"I got a delightful text from Kaydan when I landed. You have to take care of him while I'm away," he hums.
"Sorry!" I exclaim as I hear muffled talking on his side of the line.
"I have to go," he breathes when he returns.
"A-Alri-"
"You are the best! I'll try to call you when I can," the line goes quite.
I pull the phone away from my face and stare at the red screen. Kyle is glaring at me while hiding a smile and blushing up to his ears. I remember I told him to say my name instead of cheese for the photo, because I knew hearing it would make him smile.
It almost worked.
I take a deep breath and stand up, then return to the living room.
"O-" Jasper starts and stops suddenly. He exhales and brings his phone into his lap. "-kay," he finishes as his shoulders slump over.
"How's Kaleb?" I ask walking over to him and sitting next to him on the couch. He flops lightly because of our weight difference.
"About to land in Naples with Mr. Green and Jonathan," he groans still staring at the photo on his phone. Kaleb is pulling on his cheeks, making his smile wider that it already was.
So he headed to Italy.
"Did he chew your ear off about work?" I attempt to smile.
He shakes his head. "He told me not to go in protest."
I lean back and stare at him. "Huh..."
"Two different people," he chuckles clutching onto his phone.
"Completely," I blink clasping my hands together in front of me. I look around my house and finally realize the reality of the situation. Not only were Kyle and Kaleb missing, but I was alone with Jasper. I never really hung out with him one- on-one before. Usually one of the Green brothers is here to balance it out. I clear my throat and he looks up at me. "So...should we head to work?"
"How am I suppose to fight the system if I go?"
I narrow my eyes at him before saying, "You know I'll fire you, right?"
He smirks. "Probably...Nothing seems too bad since my heart was ripped out and shipped to Italy."
"I can understand that...except mine is in France," I return his smile. "I guess that means we're immortal."
"I don't think I can ever be hurt again!" He shouts scaring me a little at the suddenness. It seemed out of his character.
I nod smiling wider. I glance at him and he's making wide eyes at me.
"So...we're basically-"
"-Invulnerable?" I finish for him.
He cocks his head to the side. "You mean invincible?"
I stop myself from rolling my eyes. "Yes. That."
He stands up and looks down at me. "Which means we can do anything."
"Huh?"
"We have to take advantage of this feeling while it's still here."
"Or," I stand up and take him by the shoulders trying to calm him, "we can go into work and help Kaydan, cause he probably needs us at this point."
He puts his hands over mine and locks eyes with me. "Lucas, we have to fight the pain away."
I hold his stare, but confusion is my leading emotion right now. "Right..."
He moves to my right and approaches the counter grabbing his keys. "We're going."
"'We're going'?" I repeat following him with my eyes.
He displays a small, yet unsure smile. "Yes."
I stand in place for a solid 10 seconds before simply replying, "Okay."
-Kaydan's P.O.V-
"I didn't think you would be able to pull it off!" David laughs above me.
I don't move. Somehow I found myself on the floor, faced-down when our doors closed. "I am so tired," I moan flipping over.
"As you should be!" He giggles. "Luke would be proud of you!"
As if I give a fuck about that asshole right now. Kyle better have called him, cause there is no way in hell I can do this again.
"Whoopie," I reply void of all emotion.
David comes closer and bends over me. "You wanna head home? The rest of us can clean up here."
"Yeah," Sarah chimes in walking by. "It's my turn to lock up anyways."
"You guys are too kind," I sniffle, graciously taking David's hand so he can help me up. "I wish I could give you a day off or something.
"Well, we're gunna be closed until Friday," he answers as I level myself.
I straighten my back. "Says who?"
"You probably haven't had time to check your phone, huh?" He laughs handing me his.
I take it and look at the message Luke sent out:
Okay guys, we are gunna be closed for the next 3 days due to maintenance. I'm sure you've noticed some issues with the pipes and whatnot, so it will be worked on starting tomorrow! David, put out a sign that will apologize to customers for the inconvenience.
What the hell is he on about.
"Issues with the pipes?" I question aloud.
David and Sarah shrug as I remove my apron. "We can ask him later, right?" David says as I head for the door.
"I'll call him and text you what he says," I'm half way out the door. "Anything you guys need from me before I dip?"
"Don't you have to count the money?" Sarah asks.
"When Luke left me alone? I couldn't possibly trust myself to calculate the numbers alone! I feel as though my heart will distract me from deducing the accurate number!" I feint fainting.
"Okay, okay, I get it!" She shouts. "Just go already!"
I smirk and wave as I let the door shut completely after me. I pull out my phone and have more text messages than I thought I would. Before I read any of them I dial Luke. His voicemail greets me when I finally make it to my car and start her up. Once the beep ends I sigh saying, "Dude, you can't stay in your house forever. I'm going to go home for a while, but if I don't here from you before 1, I'm coming over. Kaydan, not Kyle, so don't even think about anything weird!" I end the call then scan through my texts.
Most were from Kyle apologizing for Luke and letting me know that he landed. I also had one from Kaleb, my father and mother.
None from Christian?
I look at the time. It's 11:23.
No way he's still asleep.
"I'll call him to make sure he's alright," I laugh hitting the call button. I wait for almost the full 30 seconds when he finally answers. "I was about to think you were avoiding me!" I say relieved.
"I-" he begins but stops suddenly.
"Christian?"
There is a short pause until his voice creeps into the speaker."...back," I hear him slightly muffled.
"What?" I lean forward, as if it'll help me hear him better.
His voice becomes louder, "I'm not kidding!"
I jump, startled at his tone. "I-If you're busy you could always-" a beep cuts me off. "-call me," I take my phone away from my ear and stare at my black screen, "back." I contemplate calling him again, but decide it would be better to just see him when I get home. I make the proper changes to my car's settings and head for my apartment.
I manage to make it 3 minutes earlier than usual. I yank my seat belt off and fall out of my car. I stand quickly and dust my pants off, calming myself.
It's not like anything is wrong, so why am I freaking out?
I rush towards the entrance, and don't spare Mr. Cooms a glance. I lunge up the stairs ignoring the elevator completely and make it to Christian's door. I take a few breaths to calm down. I reach out to knock on the door and expect it to fly open before I actually touch it. I stop centimeters away.
Nothing.
I ditch the idea of knocking and throw the door open myself. "Christian?" I yell upon entering.
"Just give it back!" He grunts from the ground. He's got his arms wrapped around a guys neck, trapping him in a headlock.
The guy only laughs in response, and his face is redder than a tomato.
I run up to them and furiously tap on Christian's arm. "Let him go, let him go!"
Christian shakes his head as he snaps out of whatever trance he was in and he releases the guy who rolls onto his side coughing.
I narrow my eyes as I get a good look at his face. "Simon?"
He rubs his neck and locks eyes with me, while shooting me a smile.
"Why are you here?"
He coughs a couple more times then points at the coffee table to textbooks.
As I try to figure out what that means Christian starts yelling, "Give me my phone back!"
Simon reaches into his pocket and throws his phone at him.
Christian catches it before it hits the ground and glares at him.
Simon's smile widens as he leans towards him. Seconds pass and Christian gently shoves him away saying, "I know, I know! Aren't you leaving?"
Did he just?
Simon backs up and faces the table. He collects a notebook, textbook, and calculator, and shoves them into a backpack as he heads for the door.
When he passes me a familiar scent hits me. I can't quite place my finger on it.
"I want my clothes back!" Christian shouts, leaving me on the ground as he chases after him. They stand around the door frame for a while, and their interaction ends with Christian reaching down to ruffle his hair. The door closes and Christian exhales deeply and enters the kitchen. "You hungry?" Is all he asks, opening the fridge.
I clear my throat and swallow the lump that was resting there. "Y-Yeah, I could go for some food."