𝔻𝕒𝕪 - 𝟙𝟞

-Kaydan's P.O.V-
When Kaleb enters and the door was finally shut, they both stare at me in absolute silence.
I rub my hands together nervously and look everywhere but in their direction.
"Do you have any idea what time it is?" Kyle finally asks stepping closer to me.
I focus my gaze to my couch, which is located directly to my right, and barely shake my head.
"Kaydan," he presses.
I squeeze my hand. "No," I reply bitterly.
"It is almost 5 in the morning."
I don't say anything.
"Why were you over there?"
I can feel him glaring a hole in the side of my face.
"Answer me."
I shrug.
"Kaydan."
"I don't know," I verbalize.
"...Is he making you do drugs?"
I lock eyes with his, making it obvious how much I hate him right now.
He sighs loudly. "You can be mad at me all you want. That's not going to change the fact that you snuck out last night to meet up with
that brat."
"He's not a brat," I mutter.
"Speak up when you talk to m-"
"I said he's not a brat!" I yell angrily.
He pauses for a second before turning back to Kaleb. "This is exactly why I didn't want him to leave home. He's picked up an awful attitude while he was away."
"He's also picked up an interesting friend," Kaleb replies stepping in. "What's his deal? You think he's hiding something?"
I relax my face a little analyzing Kaleb's question. "...No?"
"So you haven't realized it?"
I turn to face him.
His smile is so big there's no way his face isn't hurting.
"What?"
"Never mind," he hums.
"Kaydan, you still haven't answered my question," Kyle continues.
I let my eyes linger on Kaleb a bit longer before switching over to Kyle.
"Why were you at his place?"
"I said I didn't know."
"That's not an actual answer."
I walk straight past him and to my counter. I stare at it confused.
"Looking for these?" He asks raising my car keys in the air.
"Give me my keys."
"You're not leaving here until you give me an explanation."
"Kyle-"
"Kaydan," He mocks.
I punch my wall and feel a pain surge up my arm, but ignore the pain facing the door. I open it saying, "I'm going for a walk."
"Are you O-"
I slam the door before the words could leave his mouth. By the time I start jogging down the stairs I remember that my phone was still up there. I didn't need it anyway, so I continued towards my destination. It's probably a 15 minute walk anyway.
-Christian's P.O.V-
I started towards Kaydan's work a minute ago. I couldn't stand being withing a 20 foot radius of those assholes he calls brothers. I have no idea why Kaydan allows them to push him around. I would've kicked both of their asses if he hadn't said anything. I parked in the front of the restaurant and ran inside. There was someone new at the front. He had black hair that covered his eyes slightly, and he was a bit short.
We stare at each other in silence for a while until I finally decide to break it. "...Where's Sarah?"
He shrugs.
I narrow my eyes at him. "Just tell me where she is."
He repeats his last action.
I reach over the podium and grab his shirt collar. "Are we going to have to take this outside?"
His expression turns sour as he grabs my hand.
"Hey, hey!" Someone yells from the back rushing up to us.
I let go of the guy and stare at the newcomer.
"I thought you said you could handle it?"
The black haired guy stared up at the newer guy.
"Don't give me that. Go finish up in the back."
The black haired guy gave me final glare before doing what he was told.
"Sorry about that," the newer one addresses me finally. "I'm Jasper."
"Where's Sarah?"
"She's probably not in right now...how did you get in here?"
"The door wasn't locked."
"Seriously? I told him to make sure it was!" He groans while walking around me to lock the door.
In that moment Sarah shoots it open. "I am so not late!"
"Yes, yes you are!" Jasper responds, having barely dodged being knocked over.
"Sorry, sorry! I was-" She stops when she meets my eyes. "...What are you doing here? Christian, right?"
I nod. "I need Luke's address." They stare at me baffled.
"For what purpose?"
I freeze.
There was no way I could lie to them without them noticing. I had to tell them the truth...or at least a part of it.
I do a quick search in my mind. "I need to talk to him about Kaydan."
"Why didn't Kaydan give it to you?"
"Because I'm not ready to tell him yet," I look to my shoes immediately.
I have said way too much.
"Oh..." Sarah breaths.
I glance up at her.
She's wearing a smile. "It's about the surprise party, yeah?"
"Can I have his address?"
"Sure," she walks to the back, writes it on some paper and hands it to me.
I grab it and run out of the restaurant.
Never again.
I step on the gas and make it to his house in ten minutes. I ring the door bell like crazy.
As soon as the door flies open I yell directly in his face, "I'm seventeen!"
His face is stuck in an awe position.
I can feel tears rolling down my face. I couldn't hold them in any longer.
He exhales deeply rubbing the back of his neck. "...Come in already." He grabs my wrist and leads me into his home.
I sit on the couch and try catching my tears with my hands. I tissue appears to my right and I take it,
"What the hell am I suppose to do with you?" Luke sighs.
-Lucas' P.O.V-
I hand Christian a cup of water then return to my spot on the couch. He finally stopped crying about three minutes in, and it looks like he never did in the first place. He is sitting opposite of me on my black couch.
"I wouldn't have expected you to come crying to me like that. Especially at 5 in the-
"Shut up," he mumbles into the cup. "You were the last person I could turn to."
I feel my eye twitch. "Oh, really?"
"Do you have any eggs?"
"...Why are you here in the first place?" "I already told you didn't I?"
"What? That you're seven..." I stop slowly beginning to piece the information together. "...teen."
"You don't have to say it again," he says quietly.
"So...Kaydan is 5 years older than you...AND, YOU'RE A MINOR!"
"That's what I said!"
"I would've never guessed that you were younger than him! You act way too mature...well...used to anyway."
"What the hell does that mean?"
"It means, after I've seen you cry and lose your composure, you are totally acting your age now!" I laugh.
"That's not funny!" He retorts slamming his empty cup on the table. His face was set in a light pout.
I stare at him taking in all of his features. His hair looked like it hadn't been brushed all day and his face was amazingly smooth. His eyes were a tad puffy, but not much, and he seemed genuinely upset.
I sigh inwardly. "Hey, hey, don't get too worked up."
"I'm not!" He argues, his tears trying to return.
I can almost see why Kaydan actually stands this guy.
I stand up and walk over to him, then stop when I am in front of him.
"What?" He asks looking up at me.
I reach out my hand and softly pet his head. "You need to calm down."
He opens his mouth to yell something, but closes it afterwards and turns his gaze away from me. "...Whatever."
His hair is oddly soft. Like a smooth silk.
I look at his face to find him slightly blushing.
...Okay...he is kinda, KINDA adorable...
We stayed like that for about a minute when I finally ask, "Would you like some more water?"
He takes a second to respond saying, "Eggs."
I narrow my eyes at him folding my arms across my chest. "Eggs, what?"
He doesn't move.
"I guess you aren't that hungry then, huh?"
He barely whispers a please.
I smirk slightly. "Okay."
I walk over to the kitchen and grab a pan, getting started on his meal.