𝔻𝕒𝕪 - 𝟙𝟜

-Christian's P.O.V-
I held the roses in my right hand and fixed my hair with the other.
All I have to do is tell him that I'm 17. It's not that hard.
I take another deep breath and stare in front of me.
Stop overthinking. The worst that could happen is that he never wants to talk to you again...or see you again...or moves...
I scratch my head and start heading up the stairs.
I'll just tell him later.
I hear a large thud upstairs on the top floor. I fly up the remaining steps and slam on his door. "Kaydan?" I yell. "Open up."
It's dead quiet. Seconds pass and there are footsteps that approach the door. When it opens I am confronted by two guys at the door. One has red hair and the other brown.
"Who the hell are you?" We all say in unison. Each of us next share the same cocky smirk.
"Guys," I hear Kaydan's voice, "It's my door, I'll answer it."
We all glare at each other a second longer until Kaydan comes up to the door. The atmosphere automatically lightens.
"H-Hey Christian," he stutters. I nod.
"What are the flowers for?"
I feel my soul leave my body. I had completely forgotten about them. "...K-Kimberly's gift...to y- you."
He narrows his eyes at me, before leaning into me saying, "You seriously need to work on that."
He is yanked away from me withing seconds.
"Kaydan, can we go inside now?" The redhead asks.
"I'm sorry," I speak up to Kaydan. "I didn't know you were busy."
"Neither did I," Kaydan answers massaging his temples.
"You can call me later to-"
"No!" He exclaims cutting me off. "Come inside. I'll make you some coffee. It's going to be a long night."
I walk inside and into his living room. It is a lot cleaner compared to the last time I saw it.
"Okay guys, sit at the table. I'll make us all a cup," Kaydan calls to the room as he disappears into the kitchen.
Once he left the heavy atmosphere was back. I was alone with both the redhead and the tall one gathered around his coffee table.
"Let's try this again shall we?" The tall one began. "Who the hell are you?"
I stare at him in silence.
"He asked you a question," the other chimes in.
When I move my gaze to him, he doesn't flinch.
No one says another word until Kaydan returns. "Here's the coffee!"
"Thanks!" The redhead says.
"Grazie, grazie!" The tall one says.
I take my mug in silence.
"Kaydan," the tall one sings motioning to him. "What?" He responds going over to him.
He reaches out and grabs Kaydan's wrist, pulling him into his lap. "Why are you acquainted with such rude people?"
"Hey, that's not fair!" The smaller one exclaims wrapping his arms around Kaydan's chest.
"If you don't like it, grow taller!"
"I'm just as tall as Kaydan!"
"So?" The taller one takes this second to glace at me and spares me a smirk, as if rubbing this in my face.
"Cut it out!" Kaydan shouts hitting them both.
"Ow!" They exclaim releasing him.
Kaydan crawls over to his side of the table, which is across from me.
I hate that.
"He's not rude, he's just awful with people. Geez...Did you guys at lease introduce yourselves?" He asks.
We don't answer.
"Okay then...Christian," he starts looking at me. "The one with the red hair is my younger brother Kaleb, and the one with the brown hair is my older brother Kyle. Kyle, Kaleb, that is Christian."
We all mumble barely audible hi's.
"I'm sorry Christian," he continues, "they didn't tell me they were going to visit."
"It's your birthday, what did you expect?" Kaleb spouts.
"Why are you apologizing to that? We are your family, you should be apologizing to us!" Kyle complains.
"Unlike you guys, Christian had already confirmed we had plans tonight with at least a days notice!" Kaydan rebuttals.
They pause.
"What plans do you have with him this late at night?" Kyle asks. His gaze shifts over to me.
I smirk up to my ears before saying, "None of your god damn business."
"I-It's nothing," Kaydan adds blushing.
They both stare at him.
"Why are you-"
"I'll go grab blankets for you guys!" He yells standing up.
"Why? We're sleeping in your bed with you, remember?" Kaleb says.
"Y-Yeah, but you guys might get cold so-" "We never get cold."
"I might get cold-"
"We are excellent sources of heat-"
"I'M GOING TO GET BLANKETS!" He yells a final time before turning towards the front door.
"Where are you going?"
"To ask the tenet for extra blankets," with that, he leaves the room.
As soon as the door closes Kyle asks, "What is your relationship with my little brother?"
I look at Kaleb, then back to him saying, "I just met the kid."
"Cute," he says, clearly not amused. "I want you to stay away from Kaydan, understand?"
I push myself up from the table and head towards the door. "I'll consider thinking about it." I wave once then exit the room closing the door behind me. When I turn towards my door I see Kaydan sitting on the floor in front of it.
He looks up to face me then quickly stands. "Took you long enough!"
"Why are you-"
"I need to talk to you! Hurry up before I have to go back!"
I open my apartment door and close it behind us.
"I'm really sorry about my brothers! They are way overprotective!"
"I can see that."
He stays at the front tense.
"Go," I state.
"What about your-"
"It can't be helped. I can sleep tomorrow can't I?"
He looks at me sad.
I roll my eyes before walking over to him and crouching a little. I force myself to attempt to smile and point at it. "Look? I'm fine, okay?"
A huge smile floods onto his face as he nods, causing me to smile slightly. "Okay."
I run up the stairs, then back down throwing my blanket in his face saying, "Now go back before I decide to keep you here for myself."
He mumbles something I can't hear into the blanket and makes a hasty exit.
I shake my head running my fingers through my hair. "...It's gunna be a long night..."
-Kaydan's P.O.V-
I'm staring at my ceiling. To my right Kyle has his arms tightened around my waist and to my left Kaleb is hugging my arm. I try one last time to free myself from them before I act. I pinch their noses for the six time. When I get no response I know it's time. I use my right hand to reach over and grab Kaleb's hand, causing him to loosen his grip on my arm. I slip my arm out of his grasp, then use both of my free arms to slide into Kyle's embrace. I slowly pry his arms off of my side, slipping out. I leap up once I'm released and pump my fist.
Yes!
I look to my clock. It was almost 12 in the morning.
It's only 11:57?
I sigh and head to my door. Once I open it I look back to make sure they are both still asleep. I smile and continue out to my living room, pass through, then go straight into the hallway. I turn to my left and face Christian's door. Taking a deep breath I lightly pat it with my palm. Seconds after I hear light footsteps make their way to the door. It opens revealing his bare chest and face to me.
He stares at me a bit shocked before questioning, "Why are you here?"
"The same reason I'm always here," I reply with a smile.
"And your brothers?"
"They are asleep, so I think they'll be okay."
He nods once.
"...Can I come in now?"
He steps to the side allowing me to enter, then softly closes the door behind me.
"I'm assuming Kim is asleep," I say wandering towards the living room.
"She left earlier," he answers. "Really? Why?"
"She pissed me off."
Okay then.
"I see..." I breathe. "Are you ready to head up?"
He nods following me up the stairs.
We make it to his bed, then slip under the covers. His arms wrap around my waist, and I brace myself. After waiting a couple of seconds, it never comes. I wait a little longer, but still nothing happens.
He still hasn't...
I turn my head to the side trying to get a glimpse of him. When my neck starts to hurt I decide to turn my body completely onto my back. I scooch over to the side a little so we aren't too close, but my back is still resting on his arm, along with my head slightly touching his. Once again I'm staring up at the ceiling. "Can't sleep?" I ask.
He shifts onto his back as well, removing the arm that was draped over me, but not moving much else, then says, "Can you?"
I shake my head, and we both exhale through our noses in unison. "I'm tired I just-"
"-Can't sleep," he finishes for me.
"Yeah." I pause before continuing. "It's been one hell of a belated birthday, huh?"
He silently agrees. "How long are your brothers going to be staying?"
I shrug. "I assume they have to return to work sooner or later. Hopefully they leave without asking me to go with them this time."
"I wouldn't count on it," Christian mumbles.
I chuckle. "You wouldn't really understand."
"Every time Kimberly comes over, her ulterior motive is to get me to go home."
"...Really?"
"The reason why I left in the first place was to make it on my own."
I swallow before speaking. "What do you mean?"
"Have you heard of Calligraphic House?"
I turn on my side to face him, "They've published most of my favorite books!"
"My dad's company."
My mouth drops. "Seriously?"
"Seriously. My dad has no problem verbalizing how amazing Kimberley is compared to me, but he still wants me to come back home to work for the company. I think I'm perfectly capable on my own."
I return to resting on my back before saying, "I can relate. My whole family is in the show- business. My mom can play virtually any instrument, my dad has an amazing voice, and both of my brothers have stared in multiple movies and guest-stared in shows. They insist on me joining them, but I don't want to ride on their coattails, you know?"
"How big are they? Your parents I mean."
"You know the duo 'The Lady and The Gent'?"
"I loved them when I was younger," he answers honestly.
"Yep. That was them."
He nods in acknowledgement before asking, "What about your brothers?"
"They are actually more into foreign films. Like the United Kingdom, and places over there."
"What do you do?" He asks bluntly.
"Just cause I choose not to do anything, doesn't mean that I can't."
"Then what do you do?"
"N-Nothing too major," I respond.
"Just tell me."
"I only do it as a pastime really!"
"Kaydan."
"Wh-What?"
"Tell me."
"I-I...I just write songs...and sing them sometimes..."
He goes quiet.
"I-I'm not even that good tho-"
"You should play something for me."
I could feel my face burning. "W-Well I don't have anything on me right now."
"I meant when you get the chance, idiot," he laughs lightly.
"I'm older than you! Respect me!"
He stops laughing almost instantly. "Sorry."
"It's fine, it's fine!" I say quickly ruffling his hair. "I was joking!"
As I mess with his hair he turns towards me and places his arm back over my waist yawning a little.
"I guess it's passed someone's bedtime." His grip tightens. "Don't patronize me." "That's not what I-"
He kisses my ear then hides his face in the pillow behind my neck. "Night," he says in a slightly lower tone.
I turn my back to him and close my eyes.
I was actually enjoying talking to him...I didn't mean to upset him...
I place my hand over his and squeeze it. "Sorry."
I get a soft snore in response.
I should probably sleep too. I can apologize officially in the morning.
I snuggle deeper into my pillow and rely on my thoughts to whisk me away.
That wasn't my best plan of action.
I ended up staying up all night.