Chapter 35 (revised 06-19-2023)

Start from the beginning

Xavier laughs, "No, I am right now building an army. When I feel they are ready, the new council and you will be no more. However, if you return what you stole from me, I will ensure those abominations grow up."

Then he hangs up the phone.

Solomon growls, "dammit. Based on what we have tracked, he has been stealing money for years from his nephews. Hell, even from his pack. Most houses here are more like slums on the inside, and only outside has done the minimum to give off the appearance of a rich well-run pack."

"Well, I am already arranging to have a bunch of 3-bedroom homes made in the middle area where the three pack's border. I need to have a pack meeting. "

Jocelyn told everyone, "Pack meeting at 4:30. Then afterward will get grills going with burgers, hotdogs, and chips."

Solomon said, "We need to discuss that phone call."

"It will be discussed. Now I have a few phone calls to make." She turned from him to make a few phone calls.

She then started scribbling down notes. She sent some singles to the store to pick up the ordered food.

When 4:30 rolled around, she stood on a makeshift stage in a Meadow. She saw the Supernatural Council, her security detail, Lycan security detail, and the three packs.

As soon as she started speaking, the crowds got quiet. "We have a lot of information to cover. The first is my name is Alpha Jocelyn Sommers. This past week I was informed by a vote from the Supernatural Council that by 38 votes, I was made Alpha, and they support the court's decision. This means that the pups I carry will be your future top three. '' Some of the crowds howled in approval. Some she noticed look at her with scowls on their faces.

"I know; I need to win your approval. Well, in the last few days, I ordered an audit of the three packs' finances. Plus, I got on the former alpha's computer. I found six accounts that had over $500,000,000 had been hidden. There is a seventh account, but I haven't been able to access it yet. But I contacted the bank, and they froze it. I transferred all the hidden funds into an account under the new pack name, Juniper. The accounts are frozen for two weeks while an outside firm endorsed by the Supernatural Council I hired does an audit. This does not mean we have no money. We have four weeks' worth of funding during this time for average pack bills." I take a deep breath, "The council sent photos of Xavier out. They also found several fake IDs, and those names are tagged. If they find any more accounts or alias, they will be frozen and added to our pack account. When he is arrested, charges of embezzling and fraud on his former pack will be added."

The pack members stare in shock at the large amount of money I mentioned. I continued to talk; "The Supernatural Council did vote that all three packs would merge. As of today, we will no longer be known as the various Crimson's pack. Crimson's name has too many negative meanings. When I was walking around, several people from all three packs mentioned they had missed the Juniper Winter Festival and requested we restart it this year. I have decided that as of today, we will be known as the Juniper Pack, and anyone who has helped plan the festival will be asked to arrange a committee. You will vote for chairmen and assemble the festival by reporting to me."

This time the crowd went wild with howling. That Winter Festival must have some special memories based on their excitement. When they quieted down, I  said, "No one reacted when I mentioned $500,000,000 had been placed in the Juniper account. You all get excited about an old tradition being revived."

One member said, "We knew the pack had some money; granted, not that much, but we always had to earn our keep. The pack never helped us financially. That money means nothing to us."