"You have a point. We do have one thing in common. Hate. That's it."

"Demi". Vier called after a long pause.

"What if it's not a game or a lie?" He asked Demitri

"Vier, we're sworn enemies even before birth. That's no way it's going to work even if, if it's not a game or a lie"

"Well, you have a point". Vier admitted and leaned back into the couch and closed his eyes.

"Have you been banished from your home? ". Demitri asked Vier seeing that he'd closed his eyes.

"No"

"So why are you trying to sleep in the couch. Again?"

"You're great company". Vier said. It was a lie obviously.

"Over your mate?"

"That's not fair. You could have used someone else but my mate, that's out of question"

"Okay. I get it now. You clearly have been banished. For how long?" Demitri asked.

"Till I explain why I left without informing her"

"Oh.". Demitri said. Recognition shinning in his eyes.

"Yep"

"You can tell her". Demitri gave him permission.

For all the pack members knew, nothing had happened on the pack borders and they hadn't left the pack either. Their journey to Ourà Fengàri and everything about the meeting was confidential information. That's why Vier needed permission to share it with anyone. Even his mate.

"Thank you. But you're still great company. I'm staying till you leave"

"Then we might be stuck here together for a long time"

"Doing what? Reading history of witches and werewolves? No thanks". Vier said feigning disgust at the thought.

"Well that's what I'm doing so if you're so willing to stay,then go ahead"

"Not today, Demi. You've been locked up in your office even before this...". Vier trailed off, not sure what to say anymore. " This whole mate, game, thing. Like you're hiding from someone or something" He finally found words to finish his sentence.

"Adonis is on edge. Has been for weeks now"

"Go for a run". Vier suggested.

"As if I don't do that on a daily basis". Demitri muttered.

"Still. Imprisoning yourself here in your office and refusing to step out to see the moon won't help". Vier told him.

"Nothing else is proving helpful so I choose this"

"Okay. Keep being stubborn". Vier muttered, closing his eyes to claim his much needed rest.

Demitri wanted to smack the back of Vier's head. He of people should know that he wasn't being stubborn. The witches had bruised them, scarred them and caused them to leave Ourà Fengàri and managed to turn everything and everyone against them. That was the story every werewolf knew at heart. And that's the source of enmity between them. And the Vampires were more aligned with them yet they also betrayed them, increasing their plight with more lies to ruin them.