Chapter 13: Jeopardy (Mercury Black)

(Another cutaway scene shows Korra, Ironwood and Insurgency Mercury Black appearing inside Beacon Academy's teleporter. While Korra and Ironwood check the controls, Insurgency Mercury Black checks the next door with his shotgun leg, checking if anyone's' coming.)

Ironwood: That's it! Got control of Beacon teleporter.

Mercury (Insurgency): It can't be that easy...

Ironwood: When your Ironwood tried to hack my neural network, he exposed his security protocols.

Mercury (Insurgency): You stole his password. I'm actually beginning to like you, general. (Leaves)

Korra: Where you goin'? The plan was to stay--

Mercury (Insurgency): I won't be long.

(Inside Beacon Academy, they were not alone as Regime Pyrrha and Regime Vernal were monitoring Beacon Academy's screen, busy talking about their doubts about the
current situation while Insurgency Mercury uses his opportunity to place some landmines he borrowed from Roman Torchwick in different locations.)

Vernal (Regime): I don't know... If he said it was okay, it was good enough for me.

Pyrrha (Regime): Yeah... I asked myself, "What if what happened to Lois, happened to Nora, Ren or even Kevin?"

Vernal (Regime): It made sense at first. Bad people got what they deserved. But now?

Pyrrha (Regime): Ozpin is not actually gonna kill the Mandalorian. He's just bait. To catch the real Mandalorian.

Vernal (Regime): And then what Remember what he did to Qrow?

(Regime Pyrrha couldn't answer her as he just stares at her, allying her
thoughts. Just then, she notices something on the screen.)

Pyrrha (Regime): Something's not right. Teleporter's off-line.

Mercury (Insurgency): (Appears before them) Going somewhere?

Pyrrha (Regime): You?

(Without thinking too much, she decides to catch him but Regime Pyrrha accidentally steps on one of the landmines that Insurgency Mercury sets up, triggering some other landmines she hits and falls down into the hole. Regime
Vernal does the same but like Pyrrha ; she too gets hit by it and falls down into the same hole. Amused as he have plan, Mercury drops down into the hole where the two Huntsmen Empire members have landed while confronting the dazed Vernal who was trying to get back on his feet.)

Mercury (Insurgency): You're gonna lose, heroine.

(Thanks to the bomb he sets up for her, Regime Vernal still feels dizzy...)

Vernal (Regime): How dare you hit a woman?

Mercury (Insurgency): Who told you I'm a gentleman?

(... and she was easily knocked out by Insurgent Mercury Black without wasting some bullets.)

Mercury (Insurgency): Still inexperienced.

(Insurgency Mercury manages to enter the Watchtower's reactor core looking in amazement.)

Mercury (Insurgency): Payback time.

(Just then Regime Pyrrha wakes up and sees her fallen mother figure and knows who did this.)

Pyrrha (Regime): Mercury...

(As she runs to find him, Insurgency Mercury Black was already pressing buttons on the control panel but as soon as he finishes it, Regime Pyrrha stops him too late.)

Pyrrha (Regime): Stop what you're doing!

Mercury (Insurgency): It's not what I'm doing... (Kicks her aside) It's what I've done.