22

It was a few hours later, Emma and Regina were still cuddled up on the bed. No one dared enter and disturb them, always worried what they'd catch them two doing. The pair were actually just watching a movie. Their minds kept wondering back to the fight they'd been putting off so much, worrying it was building up too much.

"Gina" Emma softly but nervously said, making her point already obvious. To avoid what's to come, Regina began kissing the blondes neck and gave a small hum to encourage her so speak. "What are you doing?"

"I've missed this" Regina whispered back, making her kisses wetter on the blondes neck.

"Gina, we need to-" Emma started, being cut off by the brunettes lips pushed against herself. Regina held her close as she deepened the kiss, doing anything to keep the blonde close. Emma went to move away but Regina kissed her again, harder this time. "Regina"

"What?" Regina finally huffed, breaking the kiss in slight annoyance.

"I know you what you are doing" Emma quickly said, sitting up to be out the woman's arms.

"Kissing you and hopefully having sex with you, I wasn't trying to be subtle" Regina mockingly replied, looking as if her actions were obvious.

"Yes, to avoid our argument" Emma huffed, growing annoyed the woman done that.

"No, I'm not. Just lie back down and let's have some fun, we haven't done it in ages now" Regina begged with a sigh, trying to pull the blonde back down.

"Why are you avoiding this"

"I'm not, I just-"

"You are! Why?" Emma cut in, pulling her shoulder from the woman's grip. Regina just looked down in annoyance, shame being able to shine through. That's when Emma realized it all. "You don't think we will make it, do you"

"Well, can you blame me? It's us, we are both too irrational in these situations and do shit we can't take back. Fuck sake, Swan, we both know how it will end. We will argue, fuck and then one of us will disappear in the morning" Regina finally snapped, sitting up to get her point across. Emma, in all honesty, didn't have much of an argument for that point, choosing to stay quiet. Regina just took a deep breath to calm her nerves, slowly slipping her arms around the blondes shoulders. "Let's just forget about it for tonight"

"No, Gina, we keep putting it off and it's not good" Emma sighed, standing from the bed to get out her arms.

"I said I don't want to, not tonight" Regina huffed, once again growing angry.

"Then when? It's been a month and I know you are trying so hard to keep it all in. Why bother? Just let it all out" Emma encouraged in an annoyed tone, gesturing for the woman to speak.

"FINE! You want me to let it out, I'll let it out! I don't fucking trust you, you left me three times! Fuck me, how could I possibly trust you to stay? All you have done is leave me and I don't deserve this" Regina snapped, shouting all every word out her mouth.

"I left to protect you, each time I did it so you'd be safe" Emma cut in, looking offended the woman would suggest she was being cruel.

"There you go again, cutting in on me to defend yourself! You tell me to let it out and then you correct me and tell me I'm wrong. Why can't I just be angry, why can't I feel this way? You did leave me, you left me and it fucking hurt; so, let me hurt. That's your problem, Emma, you don't let me feel the pain I do. Whether you left with good intentions or not, you still left... And it still broke me" Regina started off with smoke coming out her ears but by the end she was just tearing up.

"I'm sorry... I know me leaving hurt you and I'm sorry for that" Emma softly said, able to see the pain she has caused.

"Thank you" Regina quietly answered, letting her eyes fall to the bed. "The second I truly let all this out, I will loose you. I don't believe we will make it through this, I don't know if I can forgive what you done" Regina said in a cracked voice, each word growing more and more painful to hear.

"Don't say that, you know I didn't want to hurt you" Emma quickly said, rushing to the bed to hold the woman's hand.

"You came back, proposed and then left... How can forgive that? You don't know what it was like to wake up that morning and feel your whole body break because you had gone. I felt so stupid and so betrayed, I just cried and cried with hope that you'd come back" Regina finally admitted, looking into the green watery eyes.

"I didn't plan on leaving, I'm so sorry" Emma cracked, climbing on to the bed to be closer. "I didn't even plan on coming back...but something happened while I was driving away; I knew I couldn't be without you. I drove back here the second I realized I needed you unconditionally and I planned on staying when I proposed. While we were cuddled up that night, all I could think about was the fact that I was putting you in danger. The whole reason I left was to guarantee you'd be alive, that's the deal I made"

Regina just sat there, looking down at the sheets as her tears run down her cheeks. Emma wipes her own few tears away, relocking her hands with the pair in front. She brought them to her lips and kissed them softly, feeling them instantly being pulled away.

"No, don't. I can't do this, Emma, I can't just forgive you... This is why I didn't want the fight, I was able to hold it all in until now" Regina sighed in exhaustion, still refusing to look at the blonde. Emma just stayed quiet, having nothing more to really say. "I think you should leave"

"No, Gina, don't kick me out" Emma quickly said, grabbing the woman's hands again and bringing them to her chest.

"Please, Emma" Regina cried, moving her body away from the blondes. "Just go"

With that plead, Emma made her way to the door. The small sound of sobbing came from the bed, freezing the blonde in the doorway.