11. First Date - pt 2

-/:\- Denki's P.O.V -/:\-

At first, I thought that it was all in my head, but I knew I wasn't hallucinating. Some footsteps tiptoed on the hard, concrete sidewalk. The steps were too out of sync to be able to tell how many people there were. Oh no. What if it's the League?

Then I heard another noise, but it just seemed to make me more confused. Did I hear... leaves? How? There weren't that many green things around, especially ones that moved.

I tug on Shinso's sleeve. "I think... I think we're being followed," I whisper to him. He doesn't stiffen or flinch, but he glances behind and sighs. He points behind us, and I had to hold back from laughing.

Just a couple of feet behind us, there was a bush settled in the middle of the walkway. Just visible behind the broken and poorly leafed branches are the colors of pink, black, and red.

"WHAT are you guys doing here?!" I hissed. Everyone in the bush flinched, but no one said anything for fear of their cover being blown. Then Sero stuck out his arm and pointed at Shinso. "He said if he takes you on a date, we can quietly follow!" he whined. I groaned, frustrated by the lack of alone time I knew I would have with Shinso.

"Wait," Shinso paused, "Where is Bakugo?" I looked back towards the bushes, realizing the angry Pomeranian was nowhere to be found.

Sero hesitantly points towards the top of an old building. Statues of gargoyles sat on their pedestals, silhouetted by the afternoon light. It takes me a while, but I realize that one of the statues isn't a statue, but a very stealthy Pomeranian.

"This is unbelievable," I groan, "And I'm guessing you guys aren't planning on leaving anytime soon?" "Nope!" They yelled in unison, before giggling half to death.

I suddenly felt fingers link through mine, and I turn to see Shinso holding my hand. "Cmon, let's not worry about them. We can have just as much fun together even with a fan group following us," he beamed, smiling from ear to ear.

I took a deep breath, letting the irritation flow out of me. Yep, I've been spending too much time with Bakugo. "You're right. I'm sorry," I sigh as we walk in the light of the pink afternoon with a large bush close to our heels, trying our best to ignore the odd glances of people passing by.

-

We arrived at the café, and I'm not surprised to find it housing cats on the inside. Fortunately for us, shrubbery wasn't allowed indoors so everyone had to wait outside. Hehe. So happy.

Shinso lets me pick out where we sit and of course, I choose the best seat by the window, while he goes to the counter to order.

The whole place gave off a cabin vibe with its polished wood walls, floors, and wooden tables and chairs. A graceful ragdoll with blue eyes greeted me at the table with such kind hospitality. She sat in front of me, her silky cream-colored fur bounced as she plopped down. When I reached out to pet her, she closed her eyes and purred.

Shinso shuffled over with two coffees and a small paper bag, gently walking around the growing crowd of cats at his feet.

I chuckled, "You're quite popular aren't you?"
As soon as he sat down, three jumped on his lap, kneading their paws on his blue jeans. A tortoiseshell sat next to him with her paws tucked under her chest while a playful tuxedo kitten sat proudly on his left shoulder like a king. He sighed and rubbed the kitten's head, who began purring, but Shinso couldn't hide the smile he was trying to smother.

"I guess you could say I have the spirit of a cat," he laughed softly. I love his laugh.

He opened the paper bags and brought out two banana-nut muffins while I poured five small containers of creamer into my coffee. The ragdoll cat left my side to sniff the muffin but shook her floofy head at the odd smell. Instead of joining Shinso's army of companions, she joined my side and laid down in my lap, purring with her eyes closed. I stroked the side of her belly, glad I had made a new friend.