7. They know. But I Still Love You.

-/:\- Denki's P.O.V -/:\-

I wake up from a nightmare. My forehead and my neck are damp with sweat, and even though I had gotten enough sleep, I felt so exhausted.

Even in my dreams, I couldn't stop worrying about what would happen if I woke up and went to school. Judgment... that's all that we would obtain. Whether it's good, or bad, we would only receive judgment.

I look over at my lightning clock and slowly get out of bed to get ready for school. I quickly get changed, grab my bag, and head down to the common room. I took the stairs, and at the bottom, I peeked around the corner, and sure enough, everyone was gathered there, watching the news or eating their breakfast.

I take a deep breath and step into the common room and everyone turns to face me. Nineteen pairs of eyes staring straight at me.

At first, I couldn't do anything. Couldn't move, couldn't talk, couldn't breathe, but I finally made my mouth move. "H-Hey guys."

They remain quiet.

Then one of them speaks up. "Shinso? Really?" I then turn and see Mineta giving me this odd look. As if I had become some stinky mutation that just stood here in the middle of the common area.

I notice how my thoughts suddenly turned against my once good friend. I knew people would get mad at Mineta for him being a pervert, but I guess since I used to be, I didn't mind so much. Now that I lock eyes with him, I just have this sense of hate towards him.

"Yes, Shinso, really. I like him. Is that I problem?" My voice was bold, but I knew that I looked as terrified as I felt.

"Even though he controls people with his quirk?" Mineta challenged, walking towards me with a very agitated look on his face.

"He does that to defeat villains, not to take over people's lives. He's using his power to help those in need! Shinso can control villains to walk into custody, so there's no risk of destruction to the city in the process! It's a lovely power, owned by an amazing person. If you can't see that, then you're just blind! Because it's there, his kindness, as clear as the full moon..."

I stop, and the silence surrounds me. The words I said suddenly hit me, and I realize that I said all of that without any control. I smile just slightly. I guess I do love him...

"Well, there you have it. I tried to tell you damn extras it was nothing to worry about." I spot Bakugo sitting on the far end of the couch, "but as usual, you morons are as dull as rocks."

"Exactly, everyone is allowed to love whoever they want," Midoriya and Momo said at the same simultaneously, and Todoroki and Jiro nodded in agreement.

Did they defend me? Even Bakugo?-

Everyone mumbles in agreement, settling back down. All except for Mineta, who gives me a sharp look before joining with the others.

Asshole.

I felt so relieved by how quickly that passed, how quickly my worries melted away when I knew that I wasn't alone. I understood then that nothing would get in between Shinso and me.

Shinso! Does his class know?

I spot Mineta typing away furiously on his phone. Yeah, they probably know.

I rush out of the door, not even bothering to put on my shoes. My feet scrape against the pathways, but I grit my teeth and bear the pain as I approach Shinso's dorm. I open the door without knocking and see Shinso's classmates spread throughout the common space.

I few of them glance in my direction. "Hey! It's that kid Shinso brainwashed to be his boyfriend," said a female student. That's when all eyes turned on me. "Oh my God, are you okay?" "Was it scary?" "He is such an awful person for controlling you like that." "I always knew there was something wrong with him." "He didn't make you... do anything, did he?"

I'm going to ship Mineta so he's dropped in the middle of the ocean.

"Where's Shinso?" I ask, ignoring their digs at him. "If you need help, all you have to do is ask," a girl whispered to me. Everyone else nodded and started mumbling to one another. My patience was wearing thin, and I suddenly had the temper of a Bakugo on a Monday morning.

"CAN YOU ASSHOLES JUST TELL ME WHERE MY GOD DAMN BOYFRIEND IS?!" I yell at the top of my lungs. Everyone falls quiet, and they stare at me before a boy quietly says, "He went to the park..."

I slam the door without so much as a thank you, and stomp off to the city's park. Maybe I've been spending too much time around Bakugo.

It's a surprisingly short walk to the park that's just off of campus, and I'm there in a matter of a few minutes. The golden rays of the morning sun filter along the brick path, the sky a crystal blue, laced with cirrus clouds. Since it was cherry blossom season, every tree had the signature pink flowers blooming on every branch with numerous petals floating down softly in the gentle breeze.

Stone benches were displayed on the edges of the path, and I spot Shinso sitting on one, huddled in a yellow hoodie. Yellow.

"Shinso!" I cry out, racing towards him. He looks up at me, surprised that I knew where he was. "I'm sorry!" I already started apologizing. "I'm sorry about the text," I gasped from the running, "I didn't mean to send it to Mina, and I should have known that she would have said something. I'm sorry that your class had been giving you such a hard time. I'm just sorry." I couldn't help but look at the ground, just filled with shame for everything that had happened.

It was quiet, and Shinso said nothing at first.

"Yeah, they know. But I still love you," Shinso said softly, and I look up to see his eyes soften, "and that will never change."

We stand there for a while, just looking into each other's eyes, savoring the moment. I finally take a daring moment, and I move my hand to stroke his cheek. His eyes widen at it, but he doesn't shy away. When my fingers graze it, I notice his cheeks are cold, and he shivers at my touch before he leans into my hand.

He chuckles softly, "What could make this moment perfect?" He asks. "Oh, I know!" I jump, and I slip off my book bag and reach inside. I pull out my phone and a Bluetooth speaker.

"Oh no," Shinso whines, "not another heartbreakingly good song." I laugh and push on his shoulder teasingly before turning on the speaker, and placing it on the bench. It shouldn't cause any trouble, since the park was empty today.

I scroll through my playlist before playing Snowman by Sia.

The music starts, and I pull Shinso out onto the middle of the pathway. He cocks his head at me, not knowing what's about to happen. I take his hands in mine, and I stretch far out. Then we both start turning in circles. Then we spin, faster and faster.

We laugh, spinning to the rhythm of the song, feeling the lyrics, embracing the wonderful feeling of having someone there to hold your hands.

We spin faster, and we continue until we both run out of breath and flop down on the walkway, laughing like little kids with petals that drift on our faces, while staring up at the bright blue sky.