4. Dancing and Dreaming

-/:\- Denki's P.O.V -/:\-

As we walk down the stairs to the third level, I keep questioning how I had met this nervous, but kind person. His gentle and understanding eyes, they never left me. He actually paid attention to me, and I no longer felt... alone. How could I have been the one to meet this amazing friend?

We walked in silence though, neither of us knowing what to say to one another.

But we eventually make it to the party level where the floors, walls, and ceiling were painted a dark black, and party lights of many different colors swirled around the whole place, giving a multicolored glow to the whole hall. Party shops lined the walls of the level, filled with toys, party hats, confetti; all of which Shinso watched with curious eyes. He looked just like a curious little kitten.

At the end of the hall, an enormous dance floor stretched from one side of the room to the other, the squares changing color and blinking away like gigantic fireflies. The music that played from the DJ stand was so loud, people were shouting at each other just to have a normal conversation.

I loved every bit of it. This was my element.

I look over at Shinso, and I catch him giving me this odd look. "What?" I said. "You're the whole face lit up just then," he said, a smile spreading softly on his face, "like a little kid on Christmas." I feel myself blush at his words, but as to why, I had no clue. That feeling from earlier... I realized then how I didn't look out for any girls during this whole trip, and I guess I'm not interested anymore. But looking at Shinso... there's this other feeling now. Almost like I want to scream, run away from him, and throw up in the corner. But at the same time, I don't want him to leave my sight.

Well, damn. Falling for someone I barely know. Thanks, Cupid.

-/:\- Shinso's P.O.V -/:\-

We didn't know what to do at first, so we just stayed back from everyone else, and we just talked. Well, we actually yelled at one another, trying to hear each other over the music. But we learned a lot about each other, and it turns out that he and I have a lot in common.

We even shared phone numbers with one other, which I was personally excited about.

It wasn't until the next song started playing, that Denki almost had a heart attack. His eyes lit up again, like a candle that turned into a raging fire. "I'll be right back, Shinso!" Then he took off, disappearing into the crowd. I stood there, dumbfounded. Did I do something wrong?

A horrible memory came to me, the one where I wanted to tell someone how much I loved her, and she said those exact words. I waited and waited, but I never saw her for the rest of that day. Later I found out she switched schools. Was everyone that terrified of me?

The first lines of the song played. At first, I paid no attention to it, the song was just Someone To You. But that was when I realized that it wasn't Banners singing the song, but Denki. I look over at the sound of the voice, and sure enough there he was, standing on top of a speaker, microphone in hand, singing the whole song by himself. Without any fear.

His voice was very smooth and quite calming. He picked me out of the crowd and looked at me during the entire time he sang. But it was the lyrics that caught me off-guard.

I wanna be somebody to someone, oh
I never had nobody and no road home
I wanna be somebody to someone
And if the sun's upset, the sky goes cold
Then if the clouds get heavy and start to fall
I really need somebody to call my own
I wanna be somebody to someone
Someone to you, ooh