3. Just a Glance

-/:\- Denki's P.O.V -/:\-

The Dekusquad and I wait outside of the school building. The temperature increased in the past few days, bringing more of a summer-like feel to the air. Everyone waited for the last two people before we could head out. We all sighed as we heard explosions erupt from the school building.

"DAMMIT!!! I DON'T WANT TO GO!!!" Bakugo shouted, desperately trying to get loose from Kirishima's hold he had on him. "Bakugo, you need to be more social. It's a brand new mall located right down the road. It'll be fun!" Kirishima said, tugging on the dynamite boy.

"YOU THINK I WANT TO BE SOCIAL WITH A BUNCH OF EXTRAS?!? NO!"

"But there are so many cool places there! There's even a food court. And this one place serves extra spicy ramen, " Kirishima added with a sly smile. Bakugo sighed very loudly, "Fiiiiine I'll go the damn mall."

I smile at the two of them. Kirishima - the only person who can get Bakugo to do anything.

We walk down the city sidewalk, the afternoon light filtering through the cherry blossom trees. Little birds twitter their sweet songs and a gentle breeze stirs up leaves and petals from the sidewalk.

I linger in the back of the group, taking up most of the peaceful scenery. In the front of the group, Todoroki wraps his arm around Midoriya's shoulder protectively. Midoriya looks up at him and smiles before he lays his head on Todoroki's shoulder, who then kisses him on the top of his head.

Behind them, Ochako and Iida are talking up a storm, both of them laughing at their own jokes.

Bakugo and Kirishima don't say anything, but they keep stealing glances at one another. After a few seconds, Bakugo takes Kirishima's hand in his and holds it tight.

Then you have the electric idiot at the back of the group.

We reach the mall, where hundreds of people enter and exit the enormous building. A bright red and yellow banner strings above the entrance with the words "GRAND OPENING" in black letters. Music thumped from the inside, and the sidewalk was vibrating from underneath my feet.

"NO! TOO MANY PEOPLE! I am NOT doing this, " Bakugo protested, but Kirishima pulled him by the collar of his shirt, and so the rest of us followed Kirishima and the choking Bakugo inside.

When we enter, the first thing that hits me is the smell of food. The entire level has restaurants and food stands everywhere, and the smell was wonderful.

I rush over to the rest of the group, where they stood in front of a map, already discussing where everyone would be going. "Iida and I are going to the arcade! See everyone later!" Ochako shouts and grabs Iida by the wrist before dashing off into the crowd. Iida's protests are drained out by the crowd, "Uraraka! We shouldn't be wasting time staring at screens! They are bad for both your eyes and your brain-"

"So what are you and Todoroki going to do?" I ask Midoriya, who was already leading him away from me. "We're going to the ice cream place. Midoriya has this obsession where we go to an ice cream place, and we order the flavor that looks like the other person, " Todoroki informs me, "Like he makes me order mint and cookie crumble, and he gets strawberry and vanilla swirl."

"Well, why don't you get the flavor that you want?" I ask him, as Midoriya finally lets go of his boyfriend, and runs towards the ice cream place. "Because... to see that smile on his face... I'll do anything to keep it on him." He then smiled at me slightly, "You'll understand when you find yourself a girl." With that, he turned and ran after the broccoli boy.

I wanted to throw up on their perfect relationship.

Meanwhile, I turn to see Kirishima still observing the map. "Come ooooooooon, Shitty Hair! Just PICK somewhere!" Bakugo complains, sounding very much like a three-year-old. Just as Kirishima was about to say something, Bakugo grabbed him and pulled him towards a photo booth. Kirishima protests, "Woah wait! Where are we going? What about D-"

I didn't catch the rest of the conversation, but Bakugo had his "naughty and juicy" look on his face. So... they're not going to take pictures... I wanted to throw up at that thought, too.

Left alone once more, I decided to look at the map. The whole mall had three levels. The top-level only had shopping malls with clothes, jewelry, shoes, all of that stuff. The entrance level had nothing but food from ramen to ice cream, to pastries. The last level was located underground. It was the party floor, with no lights or windows, and a bunch of crazy lights. It had an enormous dancefloor that lit up, and they had their DJ. That's probably where all of these vibrations are coming from, I thought.

I decide to head to the shopping level, hoping to find something interesting.

-/:\- Shinso's P.O.V -/:\-

I step out of the store, carrying my shopping bag full of new clothes. I take a deep breath, actually enjoying this very loud and crowded place. I've completely forgotten about-

Well-

That person. We don't talk about that person.

But among the loud sounds of music and the bright overhead lights, I walk past a very peaceful store. I spot a sign above the store that said, "Pet Store" in baby blue letters. I look in the window, and sure enough, kittens are playing together in a furry pile. Their small little paws pawing and grabbing at one another, and their big eyes were bright and full of life, ready to see the world.

And that was when I noticed someone was standing beside me, admiring the kittens in the window.

He had bright yellow hair, with a black lightning streak in his hair, and he had the brightest smile I have ever seen spread on his cinnamon roll face. I feel my face burn as he looks at me with those dreamy eyes of his.

The fuck? Did I just say dreamy?!

"Oh hey! You're uh... Shinso, right? The kid with the brainwashing quirk?" He asks, and I crumble apart inside. He knows. He probably thinks I'll turn out to be a villain, I thought, He will walk away, and that would be the end of it. I'll never see him again, and I'll remain friendless-

"Wait, what's wrong?" He asks me, his smile never seeming to dull, "Did I say something offensive? Is it because of your quirk? Because I love it! You go out, and then you find a villain, and then you're like 'So bro, this is the end of you terrorizing this city' and then they are like, 'nUh-uH'. And then you go shoom. And then they're under your control, and you make them march into jail. Then everyone is like 'yAy sHiNsO sAvEd tHe dAy!'" I burst out laughing, and pretty soon so does he.

"Anyway, " he says after we finally catch our breath, "You probably don't know me, but I'm Denki Kaminari!" Something clicks in my brain, and I suddenly remember who he is. He's in Class 1-A! How lucky he is to be in the hero course.

"Oh yeah!" I say, "That's right, you have that crazy electric quirk! But, don't you become stupid or something if you use it too much?" I froze at what I just said. WHY did I just say that? Then Denki's smile disappears, and the world just seemed a whole lot colder. No, not his smile. Anything, but his smile.

Then, without thinking, I say the unimaginable, "No, no, no, wait, that's not a bad thing! In fact, I think it's cute!"

I quickly cupped my hands over my mouth, and I feel my face turn red. Shit, why did I say that? He looks at me for a long time, then his smile returns, and he says, "Is it really?"

"Um... yeah, " I say, my voice muffled by my hands.

His smile grows, and I feel relieved that I wouldn't have to miss it any longer. "So, I was actually about to head to the party floor, " he says, rubbing the back of his neck nervously, "Would you like to come with me?"

-

(A/N: I'M SO SORRY IT SOUNDS SO BAD!!! I was excited to publish this part, and I kind of rushed, so I'm incredibly sorry for all of the bad grammar. But if you have ANY feedback whatsoever, whether it's characters or my writing, you are more than welcome to state your opinion!)