Blooms

Loki stood with his mother watching Soliana and her father.  His mother had told him not to read her mind, but she said nothing about the father.

"I could kill him." He mumbled to himself.

"What a disgusting man." His mother whispered. Loki turned to his mother in shock. "That man is evil, my son.  Go and fetch her before he hurts her anymore and I will not be able to control my wrath."

"Yes, Mother."

"Oh, and Loki?"

"Yes, Mother?"

"Be kind to her."

"Yes, Mother."

Loki approaches Soliana and her father. "If I may intrude, I am anxious to escort my future bride through the gardens."

"Of course, Your Majesty." Taeral pushes his daughter towards Loki. "As I said, your father and I have much to discuss."

Loki offers his arm. "Shall we, my Princess?"

"Yes, my Prince."

They walk off silently through the palace halls, Soliana's delicate shoes making soft clicking sounds on the polished floors.  She noticed that even though he towered over her, Loki's footsteps didn't make a sound.  He moved sleekly, like a cat.  She glanced sideways.  His jawline was sharp, his cheekbones were high and defined.  His skin was as pale a new fallen snow.  As white as her hair was, his was raven black and hung down past his shoulders. She resisted the urge to touch it but she assumed it would be as soft as the finest silk.

Loki was admiring his companion as well.  She was lean, just discovering her womanly curves.  Her eyes were a silvery gray that in conjunction with her long platinum hair, gave her an almost other worldly appearance. The torch light seemed to dance off her skin.  His gaze landed upon her lips – full and luscious. Her tongue darted out to moisten them and Loki nearly stumbled.

They passed through a gate and stepped into the garden.  It took her breath away. In front of her is a large royal blue bloom.  She bends over to smell it and is surprised when the petals begin to stroke her cheek.

"Oh!" She hops back.

Loki smiles. "She likes you."

"What is it?" She asks

"She's called Loves Kiss. She blooms only on Asgard."

Soliana leaned her face in close again and once more the soft petals caressed her. "What a shame." She sighed. "I would have loved to have taken one back to my garden."

"You have a garden?"

"Yes, it is my favorite place of solace.  I like to tend to my flowers and my herbs. Sometimes, I just sit on a bench and read."

"Sounds lovely, peaceful." Remarked Loki. "Then you should appreciate this." He walked her towards a solid wall of greenery.  He waved his hand and like a curtain, the vines parted revealing a small hidden area with a stone bench.

"This is my favorite place.  I come here to read."

"Read? I thought warriors were always training and flexing their muscles." She giggled.

"You confuse me with my brother, milady.  I have never been to war."

"Really? But you wear armor? Your helm, which is magnificent by the way."

"Thank you. Oh I have been trained to fight. Daggers are my specialty and my weapon of choice." Loki waved his hand and an ornate, though no less deadly, dagger appeared in his hand.