Nat phoned the restaurant.
N: Hey Rafael, it's Nat.
R: Ohh hello there Miss Romanoff.
N: I just wanted to ask you if you can prepare 4 steaks and 4 chocolate lava cakes for takeaway. I want to surprise Y/N with it.
R: Yes of course, it will be ready in 20 minutes. I'll have someone bring it out to the car so that the food doesn't get cold.
N: Thanks Rafael.
R: No problem.

P: Why did you order 4?
N: For you and Tony as well. I wasn't going to order for just me and my wife....
P: You do realize you're not even engaged yet and you still called her your wife.
N: I know, it just feels right.

After 10 minutes, we pulled up to the restaurant and there were 3 waiters outside along with Rafael with bags.
P: Holy Shit!! This is alot of food.
R: Well since it's for Y/N, we prepared some other stuff too for you guys to enjoy.
N: Thanks Raf. I owe you....
R: You don't owe me anything, it's you're restaurant.
N: See you...
R: Byee.....

We pulled up to the compound and I just ran inside while Pepper was setting up the food for us to enjoy.
I opened the door to our room and saw Y/N crying on our bed while wearing my hoodie and sweat pants.
I felt incredibly guilty for putting her in that position, so I just ran to her and hugged her tightly

Y/N: Nat? Ohh thank fuck you're ok!!
N: I am love, don't worry.

*Y/N's POV*

Me: Are you hurt? Is anything hurting? I missed you so much.
N: I'm fine baby, nothing is hurting. It just took a long time to complete.
Me: That's ok, all that matters is that you're ok.
N: Have you eaten anything today?
Me: I-I have, don't worry.
N: Babe, you stuttered. You haven't eaten anything have you?
Me: I'm sorry, I was just so worried especially when you didn't come.
N: It's ok, now come on let's go downstairs and eat.
Me: No, I wanna stay here with you.
N: How about I carry you koala style downstairs and after we eat, we come back here and cuddle all night.
Me: Ok, let's go.

Nat carried me downstairs and I saw Tony and Pepper sitting at the table with steak and other food on the table.
T: The cavewoman has emerged from her hiding....
Me: Fuck off tin-man.....
N: Do you wanna sit down baby?
Me: No, but I have to.

We sat around the table and started eating.
T: So Y/N, if Nat isn't here you won't eat?
Me: Depends......
P: Depends on what sweetie?
Me: If she has something to do and is safe, I will eat even if she's not with me, but if she's on a mission and in danger, then I can't eat.

Nat started to tear up but tried to hide it.
I saw her bottom lip quivering but no one else noticed.
I needed to talk to her about it but I knew I couldn't say anything in front of them.
Me: Oww!! Nat can you come with me for a sec?
N: Are you ok babe?
Me: Please just come with me to the other room.
(I said while holding my stomach pretending to be in pain)

Nat stood up and took my hand, pulling me to the other room.
She locked the door behind us to make sure no one enters and turned to me with concern on her face.
N: What's hurting bubs? Why did you say 'oww'? What's wrong?
Me: Nothing, I just said that to get you out of the room. I saw your bottom lip quivering and you struggling to hold in your tears. I knew you don't want anyone to see you like that so I had to take you out of there.

Nat just broke down and I hugged her tightly to assure her that I'm there for her and that she's safe.
Me: It's ok baby, I'm here..... you're safe....
N: I'm sorry.......
Me: No don't be, it's ok to cry. It's not healthy to keep it inside.
N: I'm sorry, I shouldn't have broken down like that and left you to clean up the mess.
Me: Baby, I love you. I would do anything for you. Don't ever apologize for crying again, you hear me?
N: Yes love, thank you.
Me: Do you wanna talk about it?
N: Yes, I do, but if I tell you you will be so mad at me and I don't want you to be mad at me.
Me: I promise I won't get mad. Just tell me love.
N: (takes a deep breath) I lied to you.
Me: (I was taken back by what she said cuz I didn't expect that) What? What did you lie about?
N: I didn't have a mission today?
Me: Then where were you? Are you cheating on me?
N: What?! No!! Of course not baby!! I would never!! You're the love of my life. Don't think that!!
Me: Then where were you?
N: I was out preparing a surprise for your birthday. I didn't want you to get suspicious so Tony told me in front of you that I have a mission so that it all works out. But I was heart broken when I heard you were crying and not eating, because I put you in that position. I'm so sorry love. And when you said that you would've eaten if I had told you I has something to do instead of a mission, I realized that I should've handled it differently and I couldn't hold in my tears. I'm really sorry love and I promise this will never happen again.

I just held her tightly, because I saw how sad she was and how guilty she felt.
Me: Baby look at me please. (I raise her chin up) Yes, it was a shitty thing to do but I know you had good intentions. I'm not mad. I'm just glad you're ok but don't do that again. If you have things to do, you don't need to tell me everything. You just need to say that you're busy or have something to do and I won't ask any more questions.
N: I'm sorryy.......
Me: Baby I forgive you. Now wipe your tears and let's go and eat dinner.