"Heh, got your ass thrown back in jail again, huh?"
I keep my mouth shut as a brawny man, almost twice my size flops down in the couch beside me. He chuckles mockingly as he places a cigarette between his teeth. "Was it fun seeing your friends again?"

"Shut the hell up, Reiner," I growl furiously. I keep my eyes on the rustic, brick wall before me as I cradle a bottle of beer in my hand.

It's only been two days since my bailment and I was still furious as ever. Mainly due to Reiner, he hasn't got off my back about it since. I've been doing my best to ignore his immature jibes and mockery, but it was slowly biting away that small patience I had left for him.

"Let me guess," Reiner continues as he puffs out an air of smoke. "That blond loser bailed you out again."

I don't reply, I was considering the options of either choking him to death or slamming this bottle over his head. Both seemed plausible at the moment. It only stoked the fire in Reiner's teasing though.

Through the corner of my eye I saw that wicked grin of his widen at my brooding silence. "Oh, I know!" He grins. "That hot friend of yours got you out. Ah—what's her name. . . ?"

I growl lowly in warning. I was in no mood for this. Being betrayed—better yet, being played by Ymir's gang made my stomach churn.

My veins pulsed hotly under my skin while my glare burned into the wall in front of us. How dare she play me like a fool? And how dare did the cops show up just before I was going to make a point with one of her goons.

I click my tongue suddenly unaware of Reiner. She was going to get what's coming. All I need to do is figure out a way to make her pay.

"Mikasa, right?" Reiner suddenly exclaims. "She's that sexy chick I see in town!" He releases a whistle before chuckling to himself. "Honestly, I dunno how you got a babe like her to bail you. I'm guess she lets you do her dirty in the bedroom, right? Is that why she's always at your beck and call—hrrgh!?"

A loud thud bounces off the walls as well as a deep groan. Reiner was on the floor with me atop him. I'd tackled him with all my might when I released an animalistic snarl.

Pining him roughly to the concrete floor, I grip the collar of his shirt as I glare menacingly down at him.

"What the fuck did you just say?!" I roar. The cigarette that once was between Reiner's lips now lays besides him. It stilled burned silently, the smell of nicotine greets my nostrils. It only fires me up even more. "Don't get up in my damn business, Reiner! I never asked for you fucking opinion so don't give me one!"

Reiner laughs darkly, his eyes glinting in amusement. "All I'm saying is you got a hot chick sticking to you like glue. If I were you I would mess her up so good that—!"

The knuckles on my fist stung harshly when I made contact with his cheek. Damn him, damn everyone that's been pissing me off. But no matter how pissed off I was, I wasn't about to let Reiner degrade Mikasa and her actions. Especially in front of me.

"Say another word and I'll rip out your tongue, Reiner." I growl when I watch him spit blood. "You got no right to speak about her or even tell me how to use her. You got me?"

He doesn't speak but glares daggers at me instead. I knew that look—it was the look of hate. The way his eyes burned like a bonfire resembled my own.

Hatred—that's what this relationship was built upon. Despite being in the same gang and being known as some of the strongest members, there was no room for kindness. To us, kindness didn't belong in our dictionary. Not when all we cared for was beating each other to the pulp.