8

They spent the weekend together just hanging out in their new apartment and Harry found it kind of nice. He realized that Louis was easy to like. He was funny and energetic and sassy. They talked a lot about school starting, watched a couple of movies, and went grocery shopping. Harry felt like he made the right decision to move to London and maybe everything would work out as soon as they got to know each other on a deeper level? Some countries had arranged marriages, and this was a little like that. They were two strangers brought together by accident but maybe it wasn't such a bad thing?

Their mums had gotten them a cheap car so Louis could drive Harry to school in the mornings, making sure that he would be safe as an Omega in a big city. They woke up early on Monday morning and had breakfast.
"Are you nervous about going to a new high school?" Louis asked.

"Yeah, a little. Are you? I mean, about college?" Harry asked.

"Mostly excited. Thank you Harry for making this happen. I'm really grateful. I hope you know that?" Louis replied.

"I'm just glad that we could find a way to work it out. You would have done the same for me, right?" Harry asked.

Louis seemed taken back from that.
"Yeah, probably. Yes."

They got the whole scent sharing done before they headed to the car. Louis dropped him off at his new high school and wished him good luck before he drove away. Harry took a deep breath, fixed his school uniform, and headed inside the school. He found the administration office and was handed his schedule and locker combination. His first day was okay.
He had to wait an hour for Louis to pick him up but that was fine. Their school day would be different and Louis would have to wait for him some days as well when he got off earlier.
'So how was your first day?" Louis asked as soon as he got in the car.

"It was okay. Yours?" Harry smiled.

"Great! College is so different, much better, oh, and the team seems great! I'm so excited about playing football. We have our first practice tomorrow." Louis beamed.

"Cool." Harry smiled.

Louis talked about his first college experience for the whole ride home and Harry listened with a smile. He was happy that Louis was happy. He made them dinner when they got home and they small talked about different subjects before it was time to go to sleep. Harry made sure to call his mum and tell her about his first day before he fell asleep.

The first week of school went by fast. They spent the weekend together, doing laundry and just chilling. Harry tried some new recipes in the kitchen and Louis told him that it tasted good. They were off to a good start.

Some time passed. Louis was loving every second of school but Harry was struggling a bit. He was the only male Omega in his high school and people didn't really talk to him. He hadn't made any new friends but he had never been the social type so he decided to give it some time. Louis spent more time away from their apartment. He picked Harry up from school every day but then he often headed out to hang out with some of his new friends, which was fine bit Harry kind of missed him. Their afternoons together in their apartment had become his favorite part of the day. But he didn't want to come off as clingy. He was happy for Louis that he had found friends.

A month later it was time for his heat. Louis was stressed out about missing a week of school and that made Harry feel uneasy. Louis had tried suppressants but they didn't work. When Harry went into heat, his rut started. They spent five days fucking like bunnies at every surface in their apartment. The sex was great as always but Harry felt guilty for making Louis miss a whole week of school even if Louis assured him that it was okay.

He saw less of him the week after that. Louis tried to catch up on football practice and spent the evenings on the football field. Harry talked to Niall a lot on the phone.

It went downhill after that. Harry wasn't happy. He felt lonely. Sure, Louis spent time with him and they had fun whenever he decided to stay at home. They explored London together but Harry always got the feeling that Louis would rather be somewhere else. He was always a little distracted.

Louis went out clubbing one night. Harry couldn't go with him, since he wasn't eighteen, not that Louis had suggested it anyhow. He spent the night in front of the tv, trying to concentrate on a movie but his mind was elsewhere. He had this nagging feeling in the pit of his stomach that something wasn't right. All of a sudden that feeling turned into pain. It shot through his body and blindsided him for a second. His inner Omega was getting distressed. He tried to take deep breaths but his inside was in turmoil. Then it stopped all of a sudden. He jumped when his phone rang. He looked at the display. It was Louis calling.
"Hello?"

"Hi, are you okay?" Louis asked, slurring a little. He could hear music in the background.

"I...I don't know. What happened?" Harry asked.

"Ehm, I kind of kissed someone.
Sorry." Louis said.

Harry teared up.
"Oh."

"I didn't mean to make you feel pain.  I could feel it. Fuck! It's just...we're not together. I didn't think it would be a big deal. I mean, I'm sure you want to find someone as well. I know we're mated but..." Louis rambled.

He kissed someone. Harry tried to hold back his tears.
"Yeah."

"Right. I'll be home in an hour. Okay?" Louis said.

"Okay." Harry agreed. He broke down crying as soon as they hung up. Louis kissed someone else.