5

They avoided each other after that, which basically meant that they were back to normal. Ten days later Harry felt like he was going insane. His inner Omega was in pain, craving Louis's scent. It manifested in anxiety attacks, stomach knots, and chest pain. His Omega was going into distress. He excused himself from class and rushed to the bathroom. He splashed some cold water on his face and dried it on his sleeve. He let out a dry sob. He heard the bathroom door open and turned around. Louis was standing there, looking as messed up as he did. Harry threw himself at him and buried his nose in Louis's neck. Louis did the same and they just stood there breathing in each other's scents. The pain went away. His inner Omega was satisfied. Louis let out a deep sigh and let go.
"Let's do this once a day."

"Thank you." Harry mumbled.

"I can feel your pain. It's excruciating." Louis said.

"It is." Harry agreed.

"I have to go back to class. Are you okay?" Louis asked.

Nothing about this situation was okay.
"Yeah."

"Meet me in the boiler room tomorrow at lunch." Louis said before he turned around and left.

It became their daily routine. Once a day during lunch they met in the boiler room in the basement and sniffed each other. During the weekend they met in a park between their houses and inhaled each other's scents before they parted ways. Harry continued to cover up his bitemark that had fainted into a white scar. His mum had put him on birth control pills, which he was glad about. Not that he was planning on having sex with anyone, but he refused to go through another pregnancy scare.   Two months passed.

Harry woke up one morning and felt that tingling feeling in his body. He was covered in sweat and he was running a fever. Crap! He shouted for his mum to come.
"What is it?" His mum asked as she opened the door and poked her head inside his room.

"Heat." Harry mumbled a bit embarrassed.

"Oh. Alright. What do you need?" His mum asked.

"Privacy." Harry answered and blushed.

His mum and sister were both Betas. He would die if they would have to hear him go through a heat. He wasn't exactly quiet.
"Right. Ehm, Gemma, and I can go live with my sister for a couple of days. Are you gonna be okay by yourself? We can stay if..." His mum hesitated.

"No! Please mum. Go! I'll be okay. I promise." Harry pleaded.

"Okay. I'll pack a bag then. Are you eeeh, close?" His mum Anne asked.

"You have time to pack. I'm gonna take a shower." Harry mumbled.

"Alright then. I'll call the school to let them know that you won't be there in...five days?" Anne asked.

"Yeah, thanks, mum." Harry said.

He got up and went to the bathroom as soon as she left. He took a long, cold shower. He hated this. The thought of spending his heat all alone scared him. He got startled when his mum knocked on the bathroom door.
"Harry? I made breakfast. There's a tray in your room. You should eat before...anyway. I'm heading to work now. I'll see you in five days then. Are you sure that you'll be okay by yourself?"

"Yes! Bye, mum." Harry answered. He got out of the shower and wrapped a towel around his waist before he brushed his teeth.

He ate breakfast. His mum had cooked eggs and bacon. There were a couple of protein bars and water bottles on his nightstand as well. She had thought about everything. Almost. He could sure use a dildo but he would never ask his mum to buy something like that. He had to get one for himself later. He just had to get through this heat without anything to help him. Fuck! How would he do that?

He grabbed the tray and ran down to the kitchen and put it in the dishwasher. He could feel his heat creeping upon him. The towel around his waist had a tent on display. He started to go through the kitchen cabinets in a desperate search for something to shove up....his trail of thoughts was interrupted by a loud banging on the front door. He tiptoed into the hallway. Who was it? His inner Omega felt scared.

He looked through the small window at the front door and Louis blue eyes stared right back at him.
"Louis? What do you want?" He shouted through the door.

"You're in heat. I can feel it. You need me. Please let me in. Let me help you. You're so loud. My head... I don't know how it fucking works but I can hear your Omega pleading inside my head." Louis shouted back.

He only hesitated briefly before he unlocked the door and opened it. He did need him. A kitchen supply wouldn't help him. Louis hurried inside and Harry locked the door behind them. He glanced at Louis. He was sweaty and shaky.
"You're going into rut?" He asked, sounding surprised.

"Yeah. You're triggering it, even from a distance." Louis replied.

"Oh, so a mating thing?" Harry said.

"I guess. Where's your room?" Louis asked.

Harry showed him to his room. Louis sat down on the bed.
"So...do you watch the games?"

He tried to small talk when they were about to fuck for days?
"Football?"

Louis rolled his eyes.
"No golf. Of course, I mean football."

Harry giggled.
"If you had been my friend Niall you would have meant golf. The answer is no, not really."

"That blonde guy you always hang out with?" Louis asked while he removed his t-shirt.

"Uhm, yeah." Harry said. He hadn't really gotten dressed after his shower. He was still just wearing a towel around his waist. He sat down on the bed.

"You should try it. We have a game on Wednesday next week." Louis said and stepped out of his sweats. He removed his socks as well. He sat down on the bed again in his boxers.

"Maybe." Harry muttered.

They stayed silent after that. An awkward silence. Harry felt restless, half of due to his heat, the other half because of the Alpha next to him.
"Do you wanna lay down?" Louis said.

Why not? They would end up like that anyway. Harry was grateful that Louis showed up but he also felt shy. They didn't really know each other. He laid down on his back with his hands folded in from of him, hiding his stomach.
"Can I, ehm, smell you? I think that will speed things up." Louis said awkwardly.

"Yeah." Harry smiled a little.

"Wait, do you take birth control pills?" Louis asked and raised his body, resting on his elbow.

"Yes." Harry blushed.

"Good. Then we don't have to think about that." Louis smiled relieved. He laid down again and raised his arm, inviting Harry to lay on his chest.

Harry scooched closer and buried his nose in Louis's neck. He smelled wonderful. Intoxicating. Louis wrapped his arm around him and nuzzled his neck as well.

Five minutes later their heat and rut kicked in for real.