20

— Chapter Twenty —

Mark was stunning. Not that Donghyuck hadn't known before – his eyes worked perfectly fine – but right now, with the man's fluffy hair splayed all over the pillow and his face relaxed and slightly puffy from sleep, Mark looked even more breathtaking than usual.

Donghyuck felt like a creep, watching Mark sleep like this but he just couldn't help himself. The sunlight lit the room, heating it up and so Donghyuck carelessly wiped away the small film of sweat that had formed on Mark's forehead. The older stirred in his sleep and for a quick moment Donghyuck held his breath, thinking Mark would wake up but the man just continued to breathe deeply, snoring ever so slightly. The sound made Donghyuck giggle which then again caused him to wince. Right, he had literally had the wildest sex last night.

It was a little embarrassing to think about it, now that he wasn't high off his hormones. There was no way Akira hadn't heard them and Donghyuck didn't know how he would ever be able to look into her eyes again. A small heat spread across his cheeks and he buried his face in his hands, letting out a soft groan of humiliation. Next to him Mark stirred again, still deep in sleep though which was a relief to Donghyuck. He checked the man's face once more before scooting away and softly slipping out from underneath the blanket.

Warm and stuffy, Donghyuck's nose crinkled as he felt the air around him shift. He got some goosebumps but only because of the minimal drop in temperature since it really wasn't cold whatsoever in the room. Donghyuck wished he could open a window but the only window that he was able to open was in the bathroom. He tiptoed over the hardwood floor to exactly that window and opened it, peeking down at the street below.

There were still zombies. They were so small, so far away hence why Donghyuck had almost forgotten about them. Only now as he saw them, mindlessly vandalising and damaging the ground floors of the buildings around, he remembered that they were in a literal apocalypse.

Somehow he wasn't scared though. He knew he should be. Donghyuck wasn't as strong and fit as Jeno, neither as smart and educated as Jaemin nor as witty as Renjun but still here he was, not scared. Maybe because now he knew he had two agents by his side that, while not trained for a zombie apocalypse, still had the occupation of surviving in dangerous situations and helping people in need. And Donghyuck was just one of them.

He teared his eyes away from the street and instead looked in the mirror above the sink. A few bruises littered his skin, namely his neck and collarbones. Mark had made sure that the hickeys would stay and Donghyuck could not help but smile softly. Something about being so marked up, somehow claimed by Mark, made Donghyuck feel all warm and jittery as if it was a cold winter day and Mark's need and care for him was a cup of hot chocolate.

Absently, Donghyuck's fingers traced over the marks, the pad of his thumb slightly pressing down whenever the bruise would appear especially dark. It hurt a little but the satisfaction of the simple proof of what happened outweighed the pain by a lot.

He should not be as content as he was with the situation, that much Donghyuck knew. A smile painted his lips when he exited the bathroom again, finding Mark still fast asleep. He looked good like this and it hurt Donghyuck's heart to know that they had probably talked more during the late hours yesterday than they would today, tomorrow and the day after that.

Deciding that he was too hungry to wait for Mark to wake up, Donghyuck didn't crawl back under the covers, as inviting as it looked. Instead he opened the door, leaving it slightly hung open while he made his way to the kitchen.

Akira was already awake, sitting on one of the bar stools at the counter. Donghyuck suddenly came to realise he was only wearing a pyjama top and some boxers and grew very insecure. He awkwardly cleared his throat, attracting Akira's attention. She raised his eyebrows as she eyed him up and down, clearly taking notice of the hickeys and the outfit.