7

— Chapter Seven —

It was fairly scary the next morning. Donghyuck was woken up by Mark softly shaking his body but that was the only soft thing the man did. When Donghyuck needed a few minutes to fully wake up, Mark got impatient. He had already dressed himself in grey jogging pants and a white shirt that cut tightly around his chest area. Donghyuck noticed it for no particular reason.

After some discussion which had lead to an almost-fight, Mark lend Donghyuck some clothes and gave him a few minutes in the bathroom to get ready. Donghyuck used a one-way toothbrush, knowing that Mark had probably intended it to be used by another person than a random stranger but Donghyuck had a smelly breath and felt disgusting so Mark allowed him to use it. Donghyuck finally stripped out of his own disgusting clothes and into Mark's which were a little big on him but nothing too bad. With a roll of his eyes, Donghyuck noticed how the clothes were from high-class luxury brands that he himself would never be able to afford. At least they were comfortable and Donghyuck liked the smell. It was fresh and yet a faint scent of Mark's deodorant lingered on it. Donghyuck liked the smell, again for no particular reason.

"You ready?" Mark asked, knocking against the bathroom door. His voice was still impatient and Donghyuck shamelessly rolled his eyes once more, knowing that Mark couldn't see him.

"One more minute." he told Mark through the door and then checked himself in the mirror. He looked fine but it was all just pretend. Internally his once so strong courage was crumbling away, heart pounding against his chest as he tried to avoid any thought at what they were about to do.

When opening the door he took one last bracing breath before raising his head and looking at Mark. The man was still wearing the same clothes, only now a dark jacket over the white tee and with a bag in his hand. He didn't look much like the businessman anymore that Donghyuck had met in the beginning but that didn't mean that Mark looked any less intimidating. Face in an almost-frown, eyebrows furrowed and biting his lower lip he eyed Donghyuck up and down before asking "Let's go?"

With a gulp Donghyuck nodded and then followed Mark through the narrow hallway. Was he scared now that he would be confronted with zombies again? Fuck yes. Would he ever admit that out loud, especially to Mark? Hell no.

Speaking of Mark, the man now led the way through the entrance door and down the stairs. It was quiet except for their footsteps on the tiled stairs and for Donghyuck, it only amplified the throbbing sound of his own heartbeat. He looked at Mark but the man seemed to be the calm himself. The only reason why someone might suspect that he wasn't was the chewing on his lower lip and his fingers that cramped around the plastic bag Mark had taken with him.

They arrived down at the lobby where Mark halted, turning to look at Donghyuck. Their eyes locked for a brief moment and it was then that Donghyuck could see anxiousness in Mark's face as well. This was the first time and Donghyuck absolutely hated it, looking away immediately. Mark cleared his throat and then spoke without any weakness in his voice "You follow me. We will move quick but quiet and if you see a zombie don't scream. It would only attract even more attention."

"I don't think that's something I can control." Donghyuck objected and even though he could not see Mark rolling his eyes, he assumed the man was just doing that because he let out a long and frustrated sigh.

"Then let's see how much you can control your legs while running for your life. Because that's what you will have to do then." the man replied and then turned on his heels, taking the first few steps towards the entrance door of the lobby.

Donghyuck was quick to follow him, watching Mark's muscular back. He could see the shoulder blades stand out under the think fabric and it was a brief distraction to his current dilemma which presented itself when Mark pushed the door open.