She was going to blame the coffee. Her brain was functioning bright enough to think before doing that stupid thing.

"Ms. Fields, are you still on the line?"

"Yeah. When do I have to meet?" she meekly asked.

"Tomorrow 11:30 am. Sinclair Headquarters," Emilia replied professionally. "I will send you the details on this number," she added.

"Okay," she said and hung up.

"Guess I need to go," she pouted, patting her chimmy bt21 plushie.

---

Iris walked towards the reception. "Hi. I have a meeting arranged with Mr. Sinclairs." She further then showed her phone which had the proof.

"Let me check," the receptionist checked. "Please take elevator 11 to 52nd floor." Iris smiled and left.

She pressed the button to the 52nd floor. The moment the elevator door closed her anxiety kicked in. She told herself not to shake or stutter in front of them. Nonetheless, her hands were already sweating in nervousness.

'Do not embarrass yourself.'

*ding*

The elevator door opened to the mostly empty floor. A guard was standing at the entrance. "Ms. Fields?" he looked at her. "Yes," she cleared her throat. "Please follow me," he replied. Scary. She said to herself.

Her eyes wandered around the empty white marbled lobby with contrasting golden and black furniture

Her eyes wandered around the empty white marbled lobby with contrasting golden and black furniture. It was like walking through another dimension.

"Please enter," he showed the door, which was 20 steps away from her. She thanked him and when forward. Taking a deep breath, she knocked on the door.

"Come in," a husky yet languid voice answered.

Clenching her fist and relaxing, she entered the office. Her soft steps echoed the room.

Jasper, who was facing the enormous glass wall, turned around

Jasper, who was facing the enormous glass wall, turned around. His eyes lingered on her for a couple of seconds. "Please have a seat," he ushered her towards the leather sofa with a gentle smile. Though his eyes held another story.

Iris sat down on the sofa, placing her purse beside her. "Hi. I am Iris," she introduced. When she realized her stupidness. "Which you already know. Otherwise, I wouldn't be here," her cheeks reddened at her awkwardness.

"Yes, Iris," his smile widened at her skittish look.

Elias's shrewd obsidian eyes remained on her. Analyzing her in silence.

Iris shifted uncomfortably under his strong gaze. 'Stop looking at me,' she hissed in her mind.

The thick tension in the room was making her jittery. Her eyes remained on the floor as she fiddled with the hem of her skirt. 'Say something!' she screamed in her mind. The silence was eating her.

"Relax," Elias finally spoke up. His voice was a little deeper than his brother's.

"Ahh, y-yes," she peeped at him, then at the vase beside him. Suddenly, it became the most 'fascinating' thing in the room. She could never maintain eye contact. Jasper watched everything with amusement.

"Would you like coffee Iris," Jasper asked, walking to the countertop, which had a coffee machine. "No thanks," she politely replied. He poured himself a cup of coffee and sat in front of her. A table dividing them. Elias sat beside his brother, his eyes never leaving her.

Her eyes watched their massive self. Their black suit perfectly fits their muscular figure. She squirmed when she looked at how tall and intimidating they were. Her anxiety makes it even worse.

Her eyes peeked at their faces. Rhea was right. They are like the Greek gods.

"Long story short. We would like you to work for us," Jasper sipped the bitter coffee.

"NO!" she exclaimed.

When she realized how rude and abrupt her response was, she blushed in embarrassment. She tucked her loose curl behind her ear and looked at them. "I meant to say I am not qualified for such a job. I even skipped college. You can hire someone way more deserving than me," she carefully explained, not wanting to anger them.

Was this the reality? No.

Working from 9 to 5 daily. Talking with colleagues daily, making presentations, and having meetings weekly to daily. So many people. Nope, it was a big no for Iris. Her antisocial ass wanted to pull a zayn from this situation.

"The note says other things," Elias mused. Leaning back on the sofa, he looked at the little girl in front of him suspiciously.

Note. Fucking note. She cursed in her brain, wanting to slap herself.

Make a lie. Quickly make a lie. "It was sheer luck. I heard about it from my friend," she tried explaining. Quickly giving them a sheepish smile, her dimples showing.

Great Iris, what a way to tell a convincing lie, her subconscious sarcastically retorted.

Jasper chuckled at her silly attempt at a lie.

"Really?" Jasper leaned forward and placed his chin on his hand. Her eyes glanced at the tattoos that were inked on his hands.

"Yes," she squeaked out, fiddling with her skirt.

Please believe it. Please believe it. Please believe---

"Hmm."

'Can I leave,' she cried in her mind. She felt she was going to have a panic attack if they kept looking at her like that.

"Iris," Jasper began speaking. "It would be great if you don't leave such notes to our rivals or anything about us. It would be both good for you and us. I hope you get what I want to say. Hmm," he smiled at her. His voice was stern. But she knew these honey words were a threat.

She gulped and nodded.

"Words," he grunted.

"Yes, Mr. Sinclair," she meekly responded.

"Okay," Elias answered. He took out his card and moved it forward. "If you ever need a job. You can contact us. We don't want to miss on such a talent," he said. His blank face showed no emotions. Jasper looked at his brother with a weird glee in his eyes but maintained his usual charming smile.

'Is he a robot in human skin,' she thought.

"Sure," she mumbled, picking up the card. "You may leave," Jasper dismissed her. She thanked and apologized, taking her to leave. Her steps quickened when she saw the elevator.

The moment she entered the elevator, she let out a heavy breath, she didn't know she was holding back. *phew* She patted her heart, calming herself. She was too scared.

They are too intimidating.

She wished- to never meet the Sinclair brothers ever again.

To be continued...