⚜ Chapter Four - Contentment ⚜

Start from the beginning

"I feel such a weight and desire for him, to simply have his presence near me. The times I visited were priceless. They made me feel joy and brought a serene calmness to my sheltered heart." He paused before glancing to the Supreme Kai, meeting the other's gaze. His words were strong, so fortified and unbreakable. It was a first for Gowasu, to see such determination. It made him smile knowing his apprentice was beginning to welcome the good. To broaden his view and accept the unknown. "I want him by my side, so that I may laugh with ease. So that I might walk without a burden. So that my happiness might be placed before me, something I've once deemed worthless. He was a mortal who broke my standards and classifications of his race. Goku is like a light, with a smile far brighter than any sun. Master Gowasu, he is someone I feel connected to. This is a first for me. I've never let someone close, but my heart yearns for such. To become vulnerable and let him in. Tell me then, what do I do now? I worry everyday my desires become overbearing, like a toxin that targets the mind. It shows me his presence and only makes my deep feelings surge further."

Gowasu had remained silent. Truth was, the words shocked him slightly. The detail when talking of the Human made the Supreme Kai understand the full if everything. It was truly adoration, but bordered an obsession. Zamasu was far beyond the line to break free. What he had now was irreversible. It would weigh on him until he claimed the other. Got him close. The thought made Gowasu chuckle. To think his apprentice had changed in so little time. It was a blessing, truthfully. Seeing Zamasu smile at times was enough to back the idea he threatened to reveal. A choice that would put an ease to those thoughts that nearly ate Zamasu alive. Watching the apprentice, he noticed the way his gaze latched onto the air. The way his chest moved from deepened breathing and the glimmer of hope that oozed from Zamasu's subtle and once calm looks. It brought the Supreme Kai to a final choice. He wanted nothing more than his apprentice's happiness. So why stop something so profound and delicate. An adoration to be cherished and a chance to welcome change. It truly was a wonder, how someone had opened the doors to Zamasu's heart. But it was a way to keep Zamasu in the light, to not let him fall.

"Zamasu, listen to me for a moment." The apprentice met the other's gaze, keeping silent before Gowasu spoke up. His tone was so soft and friendly. There was no reason for it to be other than such. "I understand your thoughts, so let me offer you something. I would like to meet this mortal. To know what lies before you and should I truly accept it, I would like to offer a chance. While you're my apprentice, he has shown you the good in life. As appreciation, I wish to bestow him the opportunity to come here. I can say, I am quite curious about 'Goku'. Next time you pay a visit, invite him along."

"Are you sure about this, Master Gowasu? I uh-"

"He is important to you. He has made you happier than any time I've laid witness to. I am sure of this, Zamasu." The apprentice nodded, offering a small smile.

"Thank you, Master Gowasu. I will give the offer next time I travel to where he presides. I truly can not thank you enough, for everything." The Supreme Kai chuckled, waving it off as he rose from the bed.

"No worries. Finish up that tea and head on over to me. I will be in the normal place."

"Will do, Master Gowasu." Zamasu watched the older Kai leave, letting the room become silent. Even so, the apprentice felt a true joy flow through him. His once seemingly small smile grew wider as he thought over the future. The opportunities and chance to get what made him feel so special. He peered to the redone image, smiling wider as he stretched a hand out. It remained far enough away as he breathed out some words. A promise between him and his heart. "To think I fought such a feeling. I truly have become hopelessly infatuated with you, Goku. Such a barbarian, yet has claimed a part of my heart. Such a mystery, truly."