"Yes indeed!" the Green King motioned for the Light guards who had accompanied them to the residence, to be shown away. "In fact, I have arranged for lunch to be served on the terrace overlooking Sunset Forest! Hopefully your Consort will enjoy looking at the view as much as I enjoy looking at her beauty."

She felt Alec stiffen at the words, but Raphael merely smiled and nodded for her to take the arm the Green King's offered her. Reminding herself that this could help her find her father, she pasted a smile on her face and touched her finger tips to the slimy mans arm.

Together they walked into the grandiose house, up a gilded staircase and out onto a wide patio where a table full of food was waiting for them.

Leyla allowed the King to seat her in a chair that looked out over the spectacular orange and red leaves of the Sunset Forest. It really was a gorgeous view and under different circumstances, she would have enjoyed it. But not on this day. She averted her gaze as Alec took the seat across from her, and turned to Raphael instead. The Prorex returned her look with one of such blatant amusement, she decided staring at the golden plates in front of her was probably going to be her least frustrating option.

"Lady Alessa, does the view meet with your approval?" The Green King asked after taking the throne-like chair at the head of the table.

"It is beautiful," Leyla nodded.

"Good, good! Then, let's eat." He pointed to the dishes on the table, "Our cooks used only our rarest ingredients in hopes of meeting your approval."

"This red fruit," Raphael held up a round ball with a flower-like tip. "It is floot?"

"Indeed!" The King clapped. "Your knowledge is astounding, Prorex. We only have two Floot trees in all of the Greenlands. Most of my subjects would not recognise the fruit!"

"I have only read about it," Raphael smiled, a look of pleasure crossing his face as he turned the floot round and round before bringing it to his mouth for a taste.

"Wait, not like that!" Leyla grabbed the fruit from him before he could bite it, then putting it on her plate she cut it in half with her knife. It had taken her a moment to recognise the food, but once she saw the little purple tip, she knew for certain that she had tried something that looked just like it on Asch. The similarities between the worlds still astounded her when she thought about it; in Asch they had called these fruits Raan. "Eat the red drops inside, the white shell is bitter."

Raphael took the fruit from her, searching her face. It was only then that she realised how quiet the patio had gone. She looked around, seeing confusion reflect on both the Green King and Alec's faces. Bloody Diya.

"You've been reading my dendrology books again, haven't you Alessa?" Raphael admonished, popping a handful of red drops into his mouth. "Well, I won't be angry this time since you've kept me from eating the wrong part of this fruit. Amazing, this is sweet and sour!"

"It is hard to keep women in line no matter which land they are from!" The Green King laughed, shaking a chicken leg in Leyla's direction. Though she was grateful for Raphael's cover, she couldn't quite manage a smile. Setting down his drumstick, the King licked his fingers and motioned for someone to step forward from the terrace door behind her. "Take Saipria here for example!"

A pretty girl with a falcon on her gloved hand stepped up beside the table. Leyla's eyes widened with recognition; she was the woman from the next cell. Dressed in a flowing pink gown and her hair was done up in an intricate coiffeur, she looked completely different except for the pained expression in her light brown eyes.

"This naughty concubine was told I tolerate no animals in my house, but she was caught feeding that beast in secret." The falcon shrieked, bobbing its regal head angrily when the King pointed its way.

"My King, please..." Saipria began as he stood, but the look in his eyes made her flinch. Then he smiled at his guests and asked. "Anyone care for a little sport to wet the appetite?"

"Sport?" Leyla repeated dully as a servant came forward with two bows and a quiver full of arrows.

"Just some target practice," the Green King smiled cruelly, motioning for Saipria to move to the banister not far from the table. "A moving target is always more challenging, don't you think gentlemen?"

Alec's lips were pressed in a grim line and Raphael was wearing his blank expression again. Leyla saw the tears in Saipria's eyes and understood the bastard's intention. Giving the Green King her best fake smile, she got to her feet.

"I've always wanted to hit a moving target! May I try?" She took the second bow and an arrow from the table before the King could reply, causing him much amusement.

"Your Consort will be very difficult to tame, Prorex. If you are not up for the challenge..."

"I have no intention of letting Lady Alessa get away," the Prorex smiled, but his tone was lacking its usual humour and his eyes glittered dangerously. "Nor will I have her spoken of in such terms."