Chapter 7:

Annabeth Chase

I ran to the elevator, sobbing. I fought my tears back, sniffling. What have I done? I'm an idiot for saying that to him. I didn't even mean it. The words just came tumbling out of my mouth before I even knew it. I really wanted to take it back but he probably won't give me a chance.

I flashed backed to what just happened. Percy shrugging my hand away, standing there like he didn't even care, and me standing there begging like an idiot.

What was I doing? That wasn't very wise- I felt so stupid. I just need to get away from all this.

I leaned back at the elevator, and I collapsed. I was crying and all the flash backs made me cry a whole lot more. I wasn't angry at him, I was mad at myself for being so absent-minded and enological at the moment. That was something a daughter of Athena wouldn't do.

What if he didn't even love me? What if we never get back together and stay like this forever? I fought the tears back.

'I'm a fighter.' I thought to myself feeling stonger and not like those Aphrodite kids who make drama scenes about breaking up.

I am a child of Athena. I don't break down.

The elevator ringed and I wiped the tears away. The passengers got in looking at me like 'what hapened to that poor girl?' but I couldn't care less about them seeing me.

I ran back to our apartment, my eyes still stinging from tears. I headed to my room and slammed the door shut. I lay down my bed, my face facing the pillows and I continued sobbing.

I saw a photo of me and Percy infront of the Empire State building. I stared at it and the flashback flooded through my mind all over again. I threw the picture away and lay helplessly on my bed. In a moment, I fell fast asleep.

Percy Jackson

I walked back to my room. I felt really sad and angry-at myself. I couldn't believe I did all that to Annabeth and show-off how how incredibly careless I was.

Annabeth was right, I didn't care. I was a stupid boyfriend and everything I ever was to her.

I sat in the corner of my room and burried my face in my hands. I was breathing heavily. I was thinking that I was just a problem to everyone and everything was better off without me in the picture.

I felt weak, regretting myself. I sat there all night. Nostalgia was killing me! I woke up to the sound of my mom pounding on the door.

Bam! Bam! Bam!

"Percy! Honey, come out, there's breakfast! Come on!" My eyes still stung but I came out. My hair was a mess, it was sticking up in all directions. I pretty much resembled a zombie with a bird's nest for hair. The television was on, an episode of 'The Ellen Show' playing.

"Honey, what happened to you?" my mother asked worriedly. I would tell her nothing but she knew way better to believe that.

"Did something happen to you and Annabbeth?"

I nodded. I can hear Ellen laughing from the television playing in the background.

"I'm a terrible boyfriend." I said remembering last night, softly face-palming myself.

"Oh, sweetie," she put her hands on top of my shoulders "Your not. I'm sure it was a misunderstanding." I make my way to the couch and plopped in it as I watch Ellen pick volunteers from the audience.

"Sure it is." I said sarcastically.

Annabeth Chase

I got up from bed and ate a random rainbow-colored cereal box for breakfast. My family went away for vacation, leaving me alone. My and my parents agreed that I go to Percy's more often so I wouldn't be alone. But after yesterday, I guess I'm lonely. I scooped up another spoon of my food and the sight of little blue cereal made me think of Percy. I sighed.

My phone suddenly rang. I ate the last of the cereal in my bowl and glanced at the caller ID. It's Angelo. I didn't know whether to answer it or not but I did, anyway.

"Hello?" I waited.

"Hi Annabeth! I was wondering if I could come over to your house this afternoon to work on our project because we're going to have a game tomorrow." I thought about how Percy would feel about it but I shook my head.

Percy is gone now he won't even bother to care. I think he won't even talk to me for days. I started to consider apologizing to him but the rebel inside of me didn't.

I didn't know what else to do. "Okay, I'll see you at 3:00." and I hung up.

Angelo arrived 3:00. I got all of our materials ready. There was something about him that when I'm around him, it makes me weak. Don't get me wrong, it's definitely not love. It's like all my wisdom is being drained & I can't think properly- like a spell or something.

"Hi," I greeted. "If you want some food, there's cupcakes in the kitchen." I said.

Angelo went to check. "Mmm.. They smell delicious. Why is it blue?" I stopped with my jaw opened.

"Ah, It's just that, Percy likes his cupcakes blue. I mean, he likes everything blue." I explained. That made me frown.

"Are you sure it's okay for me to be here? Or...?" He asked.

"Oh, no. I think it's fine." I answered even though I knew it wasn't. I felt sad again, it was so hard not to.

So we went to work, and when we were done, I led Angelo down stairs. Outside, it looked like it was going to rain. We said goodbye to each other on the sidewalk.

I turned around, "Annabeth," I faced Angelo and he suddenly kissed me. I was closing my eyes, it all happened so fast, all I knew was that his lips were pressed against mine.

"I- I'm sorry." He said. I stood there, speechless. I looked at him thinking Im so dead. "It won't happen again," He turned around and left. "Bye," he waved shyly.

"I-Um," I stuttered "Bye," I realized I was holding my breath. It took me minutes to process what just happened as I watched Angelo's retreating figure.

The rain was pouring, and I still stood there, brushing my fingers on my lips.

Then there was this figure of a man somewhere far away. I squinted my eyes to take a better look. He was all wet and his black hair was wet and it fell near his eyes.

He looked at me then on the floor like he was sad or dissapointed-angry even. I thought it was strange. I stepped forward, I was so wet from the rain.

Until I realized- oh gods- He was Percy.

A/N: I KNEW YOU WERE TROUBLE WHEN YOU WALKED IN SO SHAME ON ME NOW... yey Taylor sings the theme song for this chapter. Grab your pitch forks, and go after Angelo!!