"God help the bloody neighbors." John muttered.

"Fuck the neighbors." Arthur joined in, and reached into the pocket of his coat to give Polly her house key. "Welcome home, Pol."

Polly sank onto the couch, overwhelmed and in disbelief that this beautiful, normal, house was all hers.

"Arthur, why don't you take the boys outside. Wait by the car." Tommy said, ready to give Polly the next part of her present.

Polly took her hat off and watched the boys leave as Zara sat next to her and Tommy cleared his throat.

"Pol, I know you haven't been happy for a while. And I know why." He came to sit in front of the women. "Esme is all right, you know? She's got a good heart, she has. I've spoken to her and she told me."

"Told you what?" Polly asked, already knowing the answer.

"She told me what it is that would make you happy. I've spoken to our contacts in the police, and Zara has spoken to her father. They have contacts in the council, and they have contacts with the people who keep the parish records."Tommy kept eye contact with his Aunt. 

"Records of adoptions. And of confidential forced removals." Zara finished.

"Now with your permission, I'd like to grease a few palms and take a look at the records they never showed you."

Polly took a deep breath and leaned back on the couch.

"Pol, I am going to find your son and daughter. And I'm gonna bring them home."

♔♔♔♔

The King siblings were as stubborn as they come.

Theodore refused to admit that he was wrong, that he had been blindsided by the Irish barmaid. As pathetic as it might sound, Theo was confident in the fact that he still loved Grace Burgess, and that fact drove him to near insanity.

He hadn't spoken to his sister or Tommy in over two years, and was not planning on a family reunion anytime soon, but since they practically owned all of Small Heath, Theo knew they were going to find him eventually.

"So this is where you've been hiding." Zara sniped as Theo opened the door to Lizzie Stark's house. "Crawling from the arms of one whore into another?"

Theo rolled his eyes. "What do you want?"

Zara thrust a piece of paper into his chest. "You need to stop using my mailing address. Why are you getting letters from America? And what the fuck are you doing living with Lizzie fucking Stark?"

Zara was pissed, no she was livid at her twin. Two years without a phone call and now she only found her brother's whereabouts through the gossip of the town ladies, as even her own father refused to tell her where he was.

Theo hastily shoved the letter into his pocket. "It was lovely seeing you, Zara, but I must be going." He tried to slam the door in her face but Zara was quick to slip in past him, her baby bump slightly dragging against the door frame. She still wasn't used to it yet.

Theo's eyes widened as he looked at his sister fully for the first time in over two years, staring at her bump. "You're having a baby?" He felt his resolve weaken as his eyes brimmed with tears. He knew how much Zara wanted kids, to be the mother they never got to have.

She nodded, resting a hand over her bump. "A few months in. And the first person I wanted to tell was you." Zara wiped the tears that were beginning to form in her own eyes. A major downside of pregnancy, Zara decided, was that her emotions were all over the place leading to the normally strong woman to break down over the smallest inconveniences. Tommy thought it was hilarious. Zara did not.