The music was almost hypnotizing. The way it seemed to keep us in the moment and enjoy how much fun it was but also like we were in a dream. 

Drink continued to pour, our money left untouched as someone was always willing to foot the bill for us. Soon the songs seemed to flow into each other, not realizing when one ended and the next started. Luckily while we danced, people kept their hands to themselves so the three of us could enjoy ourselves fully. 

"I love you guys!" Quinn dropped her arms around our shoulders, luckily her cup was already empty. 

"We love you too, Q-Tip!" I kissed her cheek before Kate did the same.  

"Look at me, just a magnet for hot bitches!" Quinn giggled, definitely drunk. Not that Kate and I weren't.

"I have to pee!" Kate announced suddenly.

"Oh! Me too!" Quinn agreed.

"I'm going to go have a smoke." I announced as we parted ways. 

I loved to smoke cigarettes when I was drunk. I kept a pack in my purse for such occasions. I used to smoke a lot in high school so this was my condition for quitting. 

I went outside and found a spot that was a bit quiet, lighting the cigarette and inhaling the toxins that tasted like heaven. I rested my head against the concrete building, my mind spinning ever so slightly. 

My mind floated to Layla and our kiss earlier. How was that kiss even possible? Kisses weren't meant to be so romantic and passionate the first time. I decided that it must have spoken volumes in terms of her experience. She had been a sugar momma before and so she knew what we sugar babies liked. 

Once I was done my cigarette, I went back in and got another drink paid for me. I walked around, heading back to the dance floor to meet with Quinn and Kate. I weaved through the crowd but didn't come across them. 

They must be chatting in the bathroom. I realized before heading there. 

But they weren't there. 

Shit.

I took out my phone and texted them both. While waiting for an answer, I decided to freshen up. The slight sweat from the crowd, dancing and the alcohol hadn't yet ruined my makeup but I did try to manage to dull the spots of my face that had gotten shiny. 

I checked my phone, still no reply. I texted them both again. 

Lip gloss was reapplied and I straightened out my dress a bit before checking my phone. Still nothing. This time I tried to call Quinn. The line rang but she didn't pick up. Even Kate didn't answer when I tired calling her. 

I'm going home if you guys ditched me. I sent the text before downing my drink and heading out of the bathroom. 

My feet took me back to the spot where I smoked before I took out another cigarette and lit it. I tried to call Quinn again, this time she picked up.

I sighed. "Thank god-"

"Brielle? Is everything alright?" 

This wasn't Quinn. This was the voice of the woman who made me giddy with a simple kiss. My sugar momma.

"Layla?" I asked with a bit of a dumbfounded tone.

"Yes, Brielle. You called me." She stated. I could hear the smirk in her voice. 

How in the hell did I call Layla?! I groaned then leaned against the wall. 

"Sorry, Layla. I meant to call Quinn. She and our other friend seemed to ditch me." I explained before my phone vibrated with an incoming message. "Oh, one second."