𝟺𝟹-𝙼𝚒𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐

Start from the beginning

"You slapped me." He stated coldly, "Hard, and busted my lip; it fucking scarred." He seethed angrily.

I sighed as I closed my eyes and leaned my forehead against the hallway wall; that definitely wasn't my proudest moment, "I know and I regretted it afterwards, but I couldn't tell you I was sorry because they already took you away."

I could feel my eyes beginning to water, but I did my best to compose myself so my voice wouldn't begin to crack. It was hard remembering that moment, thinking that my slapping him was the last interaction we would ever have; I always had a shitty habit of allowing my anger to get the best of me.

"I know there's no excuse for hitting you, but," I paused as I momentarily relieved the memory, "You don't understand how hard it is to hear someone tell you that your son deserves to die. I nearly lost my mind after hearing that."

"Didn't think you cared that much." He huffed stubbornly.

I rolled my eyes so hard I swear I almost saw my own brain, "You and Ahsoka need to quit with that shit. If I didn't care about either of you then I would have left you both to die instead of taking you in and raising you as my own," I snapped; once again allowing my anger to get the best of me. But when my love and loyalty for my family is questioned, it ticks me off, "And I sure as hell wouldn't be planning to break you out of a maximum security prison if I didn't give a damn about you."

He remained quiet after my short outburst and all I could hear was the sound of his light breathing, but then I heard the voice of Rex, "Say something to him Cal; without being a sarcastic ass."

Cal sighed heavily before finally speaking to me again, "I'm sorry, I'm grateful for everything you've done for me Kin. And I know I put myself in a shitty position, and you're mad about it; but I was just trying to protect Ahsoka from being in my place."

"I understand that now," I turned around and leaned my back against the wall, "Which is why I'm calling to tell you that I'm sorry for what I did," Apologizing is definitely not something I'm used to doing, but an apology is something he deserves. I swore to him I'd always keep him safe, and that I'd never harm him; so by putting my hands on him like that really makes me feel like I failed him in a way, "And I promise you, I'll get you out of there and bring you back home."

"Hearing you apologize is something new and unexpected, but I'll take it." I could hear the smile in his voice, "And I'm sorry too; for making you cry that is." He added in cocky tone, one similar to my own.

"What are you talking about? I never cried," I lied, I did a few times, but it was only because I wasn't confident that I'd be able to get him out; I didn't even have a plan for myself.

"That's not what Rex said," He sang teasingly.

I groaned in annoyance, of course he'd fucking tell him, "Don't listen to Rex, there was a lot of.. dust in those damn rooms, it got in my eyes."

Two roars of laughter blared into my ears, and I slightly moved the phone away with a grimace, "Thats your worst lie yet." Cal chuckled and I could still hear Rex laughing in the background.

"Whatever," I rolled my eyes, "So, do you forgive me or not?" I asked bitterly with an annoyed sigh.

"Ew, not with that attitude. I'm going to need something more sincere, and do throw some tears in there somewhere for good measure. Also, a shared room with Ahsoka would be good, sneaking over at two am was getting annoying," He smugly responded and I had to resist the exponentially strong urge to crush this phone with my bare hand.