Chapter Eight

A/N: This chapter get's a little steamy at the end, 😉

(Next Day - Outfit 1)

JJ and Pope sat on either side of me as we hungout at The Wreck. JJ's arm propped up against the back of my chair, putting his arm around my shoulders. An Old Navy magazine rested on my lap while I flipped through its recent fashion releases. Apparently, Ward Cameron had taken John B under his wing as his legal guardian; meaning he now lived with Sarah Cameron. "I'm sorry, you're staying where?" Kie stated from behind the counter. "Tannyhill," John B replied.

"So, you're living with Sarah Cameron," I spoke, looking up from the magazine. Kiara grabbed a tray with four drinks on it. She turned around the counter, making her way towards us. She handed me a cup of my favorite soda whereas Pope and JJ got their own. I thanked her and took a sip of the beverage then set it beside me. Kie put the tray onto the counter than joined us at the table. "Okay, look, the only reason I'm living there is because her dad bailed me out, right?" John B said, standing up from the counter to look at us.

"And it's way better than foster care, which, by the way, is where I was about to go if Ward didn't..." he continued, but was interrupted by Pope who sat to the right of me. "Hey, so do you have a membership to the clubs now?" he said and pointed at John B. I chuckled, looking at the catalog as I flipped a page. John B winced when he sat down across from me. "What about those golf carts they drive around?" I asked. I closed my magazine and dropped it into the large pocket of my backpack then zipped it up. "Yeah, you get one of them too?" JJ added.

He reached forward to take a sip of my drink, but I slapped his hand away before he could bring the cup to his lips. JJ smirked and put his hands out in surrender before putting his arm back on the top of my chair. "Oh," Pope laughed, "Does it come with a sweater-vest, or do you have to buy one on your own?" I glanced at him and snickered, the two of us fist-bumped and turned back to John B who was glaring at Pope and I.

"Look, you promised. You said you weren't with her," Kie said. "Bro, just own it. She got you," JJ said. "Look, if you wanna hangout with her, that's fine," Kiara said, leaning up against one of the chairs with her hand resting on the top of it. "But I'm letting you know now that I'm not doing anything with Sarah," she added. John B glanced at Kiara and sighed in frustration, titling his head back slightly before sitting up straight in his chair. He looked around the restaurant then back to the four of us.

"Do you guys see her here?" John B said, "No. Okay? A little focus would be fantastic. We've got the map, right?" His brown eyes scanned over our faces as we nodded as a response. JB motioned to the map that sat at the middle of the wooden table. Kiara walked over to me and looked over my shoulder, causing JJ to lift his arm.

I brought the map closer so Pope and I so we could get a better look. The drawings on the map weren't the neatest, but it's all we had. Pope leaned in slightly, tracing the sketches with his pointer finger. "We just have to look for landmarks that haven't changed," I said, looking away from the map.

"What about the old forts?" John B suggested. Kiara knelt down beside me and searched the piece of paper, trying to find what we needed. "Battery Jasper," she said. Her finger rested over a small portion of the map. She glanced up from the map to find the four of us looking at the map.

🌊🌊🌊🌊

(Later - same outfit)

The city scape sat before the four of us as we figured out where we needed to go. JJ stood on a big boulder with his arms crossed. His eyes scanned over the city that sat motionless. Kiara, Pope, and I huddled together while we looked at the map. John B leaned against the rock with his backpack strapped to his shoulders, waiting for us to take note of anything. "So, we're in Battery right here," I stated and pointed to a little hill side at the middle of the map.