Chapter Six

Y/F/S: Your Favorite Soda 

(Outfit 1)

"We did it," I said, looking at the three of them. They responded with smiles as well. Pope continued to steer the drone around the Royal Merchant as it sat. Our expressions of hope dropped when we noticed the gold was not there. John B sighed and ran a hand through his hair. I gripped the edge of the table, keeping myself balanced as the waves got bigger every second that passed. 

"It's not there, just pull up," JB said, adding a sigh of frustration at the end of his statement. He walked away from Kiara, Pope and I. "Look, we can do another pass, recharge the battery," I suggested as I tried to be optimistic. We couldn't have just gone this far for no reason, there had to be some gold down there. "We can - we can go back down," Pope added, still standing beside me. 

JJ gripped the wheel and looked back at the rest of us. "We've done it three times. There's nothing there," he said. Kie yelled at him, claiming that there had to be something down in the depths of the ocean. JJ sighed and turned back to the front of the boat, leaning against the wall to the left of him.

"The gold could be buried, we don't know," Kiara said. She looked back at John B who had made his way over to the back of the boat. He shoved his hands into the pocket of his sweatshirt. "If it was there, it would've been found. Somebody beat us to it," he said. He reached up and put the hood over his face, staring off at the storm clouds heading our way. 

Kie and I exchanged a look before walking over to the tether to bring it out of the shifting water

🌊🌊🌊🌊

(Later - Outfit 2)

My blanket covered my legs as I read my book and listened to some music that I had downloaded on my cell phone prior to hurricane Agatha. Dad was at work - as usual - and my step mother had stopped by the grocery store to get some food for the next week or so, which left me at the house by myself until I left for the outdoor movie event with my friends. My reading was cut short by a knock erupting from the side door of my house. 

I sighed and closed my book, getting up from my bed. When I approached the side door, Pope stood there with a nervous look on his face. I furrowed my brows and opened up the door for my friend. "Hey," I greeted, "Everything alright?" Pope let out a sigh, walking into the house once I had stepped aside. He claimed that someone knew what he had done to Topper's wakesetter. He strolled over to the kitchen counter and sat down, tapping his fingers on the granite.

I walked over to the fridge to grab him a cold glass of water. He watched me as I poured the beverage into a glass for him. "Topper and Rafe know that I sunk their boat," Pope said, "They showed up at Heyward's." I set the glass down in front of him, letting it rest on top of a coaster; knowing that Lynn would hate for us to not use coasters. I tried convincing Pope that Rafe and Topper weren't going to do anything.