Chapter Nineteen

Magsimula sa umpisa

"You should know you're beautiful just the way you are."

I stare at her in disbelief, kumanta kasi siya bigla ng isang part ng song and I know the song. She sang some lyrics from the song 'Scars to your beautiful by Alessia Cara.'

"Banana."

"C'mon, Vic. Kailangan ko marinig ang sagot mo." And here she is again. Waiting for my response about her courting thingy. Hindi ko pa alam ang isasagot ko. "Gusto kitang ligawan. Papayagan mo ba ako?"

P'wede naman akong tumanggi agad but my heart doesn't want to.

"You knew that a student and teacher relationship romantically is forbidden, Miss Crescencio." I hardly responded. Don't have any idea how to answer that. Naghahanap na lang ata ako ng idadahilan ko. "Your wants will jeopardize my work, Banana."

She giggled. Wala namang nakakatawa sa sinabi ko hindi ba?

"That thing isn't forbidden here in Blackwood anymore, Miss Victoria Dela Merced." I hissed in an annoyed manner. I can't believe she can say that. "Nothing will jeopardize your work."

"How did you know that? Every University has the rules about that thing, Miss." And I know every rule and regulation. I am a professor here for freaking 5 years now at wala naman akong nabalitaan na may mga nabago sa batas nila.

"Nabago na. Hindi ka ba nila sinabihan?"

"W-What are you talking about?" She's kidding. Hindi basta mababago ang gano'ng rules ng isang University. Especially, the board members won't accept this kind of relationship. Masyado silang strict pagdating sa ganitong sitwasyon.

"Yes? Thanks to me, Mahal." Mas lalong lumaki ang confusion na nararamdaman ko dahil sa sinabi niya. Why would I thank her? "Hindi ka naman makukulong. Hindi ako underage—"

"Are you insane, Miss Crescencio? Kahit hindi ka underage, mawawalan ako ng license sa pagtuturo. I can't risk it!"

"But I do have a right to change the rules in this University, Victoria." Law is a law. Maybe it can change but the law isn't.

"I don't get it, Banana. Can you— can you please stop this now?"

"I already changed it." Changed what? "The rules. I remade it."

"You dare to change the rules?" Of course, I'm stunned. She's a hell student. She can't do that.

"You can ask the Dean or the headmaster, Vic. I do dare them to remake it pero sa ibang part lang naman because an underage student is still forbidden to have an affair with their teachers. Makakasuhan silang sexual harassment." Kaya pala malakas ang loob niyang landiin ako kahit dito sa loob ng school. That's why malakas ang loob niyang ligawan ako.

"I know that. Iyon naman talaga ang nasa law but I don't understand which part 'yong pinalitan mo. But— let's say that it changes. But, how can you do that, Crescencio?"

"Connection?" She smiled at me sheepishly and laugh a little. Connection her ass.

"What kind of connection are you saying then? Don't fool me, Banana. Who are you para payagan ka nilang pakialaman ang rules ng University?" I huffed. Nauubos na ang pasensya ko. Hanggang ngayon ay hindi ko maiwasang magtaka dito. Paano niya nagawa 'yon?

"Me? I'm Banana Crescencio, Victoria. Alicia is my friend. So, who knows?" And she just shrugged her shoulders off like she doesn't care.

A Santillan, of course. She's friends with a Santillan who got many connections in the whole world. Even Alexandria Gabriel has a lot of connections, of course.