End of Season 1 Chapter 53- The Quest to Ventus

Start from the beginning

I turned the page over and glanced at the map I drew on both the pages. I held my chin, examining the world of Alphyria on paper. 'We were in the dragon market on the east side of Argentum' I placed my finger on the drawings of the town with the label Argentum written above it.

'So where are we heading towards to now?'

"Demarcus where are we now?" I called out hoping the wind didn't carry my voice away. Demarcus hummed and then went silent. 'Did he here me or was I to quite for him to hear?'

I was close to call him again when he answered. "By the looks of the trees, we are in the forest of Viridis"

"Thank you" looking down, I searched for Viridis near Argentum and found it. The forest was above the dragon market, west of Ventus. So, we are going the right way the whole time. 'Good we didn't waste any time going to wrong directions.'

I inspected the area around Viridis. The forest itself was about 3.5 acres in land, with a few small villages in the west and north of Viridis yet there is no need for me to enter those villages since there in no reason to. I'm not lacking supplies right now, but we will head straight to Potestas, a rich town about 70km from the borders of Ventus, there I can get a ride to Palace of Ventus and let Demarcus return back to Argentum, I can also replenish my supply if I need to as well. Yeah, that's what I will do. That's my plan for now.

But to my calculations, I would have reached Potestas in 3 weeks if I was on foot however thanks to Demarcus, I will get there in less than 3 days.

"We will keep heading north to the town of Potestas, there I will release you and you can return back to Argentum" I explained to him. He hummed in response.

"Great more human lands" I heard Homura speak so suddenly yet annoyed, looking down he was already awake and grumpy. 'Mood much'

"I heard the people in Potestas aren't very welcoming when it comes to commoners, those rich bastards drown themselves with wealth that blinds them from the world that surrounds them. I would be careful and not to provoke them or you would be calling for trouble" Demarcus grumbled a warning blow, his scales under his neck rattled.

"Thanks for telling me" I said even though I already knew what kind of people they are since Ariana did go to Potestas for the night. She and her loyal dogs weren't welcomed nicely due to the fact they dressed like commoners to hide from everyone while they were on the road and to prevent anyone attacking them or the dark users.

Ariana being the idiot she was, suggested that it would be better if they wouldn't disguise themselves, they could get around better and people wouldn't have to treat them horribly.

I nearly got a stroke from her dumb idea. I mean true they would treat you with the outmost respect and dignity but that wouldn't say about all the other people that would be out to get you.

Like you would be walking down the road with five handsome princes as your guards and then encounter a bunch of bandits and as they about to rob you clean off, they see that your of high statues and then act all courtesy. 'Oh, your royal highness and you, majestic, beautiful lady we would like permission to rob you of all your valuable possession' with a bow so low their faces would be an inch away from their knees. I cringed just by the thought of it.

However, thanks to Aspen disagreeing with that idea they went in disguises.

Have I mentioned that Aspen was one of the reasonable characters that didn't piss me off throughout the whole trilogy? His understandings of situations and his way of coming up with plans, calmly without panicking even in tough situation that would kill them, was really remarkable and enjoyable to read.