O c h o

I walked into Priscillia's parlour and to my dismay, she seemed brighter than usual, was she sober?"Hello Lugaretzia" she chirped, combing her lustrous brown hair

"Hello Lugaretzia" she chirped, combing her lustrous brown hair.

I gave her a tight-lipped smile and quickly kept her folded clothes inside the cupboard, in the process I heard her singing an old mellifluous song.

Priscillia did always have a lovely voice.

"You look happy today," I said through the silence.

"because I am happy today."

I turned to see her looking out of the window smiling softly but a second later her expression turned sour and she cradled her head in her hands.

"Do you have a hangover again? did the duke do something?" I asked rushing towards her.

"Oh hush! the hangover is a daily occurrence by now."

"and so is the duke's absence" I muttered.

She frowned and turned to face me, then she grasped my arm with her frail hand before saying, "Lugaretzia know your place and don't test my patience more than you already have."

I shrank back in fear and stuttered, "I apologise, I didn't mean to overstep señora."

Slowly her expression softened.

"Just get back to work."

I nodded my head and decided to change the topic.
"Do you want any information about Genevieve? she seems to trust me now" I smiled at that, this will bring her back to her knees.

"I was wrong about her, Lugaretzia" Priscillia admitted.

I dropped the clothes I was holding in astonishment.
"Did you really make peace with your husband's private gratifier?"

Priscillia stiffened, "She isn't interested in Santiago, I know this for a fact."

"Do you honestly believe her?" I raised my eyebrows.

She folded her arms resolutely against her chest, "If I can believe Santiago again, I think I can believe anyone."

She was a fool then and she was a fool now.

"If you say so señora."

Priscillia was wearing an emerald green dress which was complimented by layers of chiffon falling to the floor, cinched around her waist with braided ropes of silk. A fan dangled from a chain around her waist. Her face is a carefully controlled mask, but there is a frantic energy about her, like strong emotions, are boiling just under the surface.

She could be very eccentric at times but finally, she was Priscillia Fernandez, the gorgeous soprano singer who broke Santiago García and Geraldine Salvador's engagement.

Looking at her lavish attire now, my curiosity got the best of me and I blurted "Are you going somewhere, señora?"

"Yes indeed" she beamed "I'm going for a drive with Genevieve of course."