Revali's Flap

Começar do início

"Where are you going?" I ask when he gets up.

"Think I'll skip English today. Gotta study the game plan."

"Okay," I say mousy. I'm a bit disappointed that he is leaving but Link has his own priorities and I respect that.

"How many of you have read Wuthering Heights?" The professor asks ten minutes into the lecture and my hand shoots up in the air along with half the class. "Great, let's talk about Brontë's choice of narration. It's quite a unique way of telling a story. Who in here can tell me the purpose of the frequently changing point of view?"

My hand flies up again, excitement emitting from every part of my body. The professor's eyes meet mine but before she can point at me to answer her question, something else catches our attention. A blue balloon slowly rising up from one of the front rows. Everybody watches it in confusion until another colorful balloon rises in another section of the classroom shortly after.

"What is this?" the professor asks irritated as more balloons fly up toward the high ceiling.

A girl with a mask, dressed like a robber, comes running through the door and jumps onto the professor's desk. The woman up front gasps at the act and tells her to get down immediately.

"Catch that thief!" I hear Pik's voice call and sure enough he storms in, wearing a police costume. What is going on?

"Guys, I have a class to teach," the professor sighs at them.

"Are you saying education is more important than justice?" Pik exclaims dramatically.

"Justice?" the girl on the desk exaggerates a gasp. Only now do I realize that it is Impa standing there all dressed up, and every hope that this isn't about me withdraws.

"If you cared about justice you would arrest all these students first!" Impa tells the officer. I mean Pik.

"These kids have done nothing wrong, you however have stolen my gun!" he counters.

The professor stands with her arms crossed, waiting for it to be over while the class watches amused.

"I may have stolen your gun, but sir," Impa points at the class, "their crimes are far worse! They are sitting here, acting as if it was a normal day!"

"What?" Pik lets out the loudest gasp yet. "But today is the greatest day of all times!"

"I know! It's my best friend's birthday! And these sinners aren't celebrating!"

I hide my face, wondering how many students are in on it. At least the ones releasing the balloons are, but the rest must be clueless.

"You should be ashamed of yourselves!" Pik scolds the class. "I should lock you all up!"

"You should! Unless..." Impa pauses to build the suspense.

"Unless what?"

"Well, don't you think redemption is possible?"

"I don't know. How could they make up for this horrible, horrible crime?"

Impa grins at me. Oh no. "They could sing happy birthday."

I'm going to kill her for this. She knows how much I hate attention. This is a nightmare!

"Alright, let's just get this over with," the professor rolls her eyes with a small smile.

The class begins to laugh lightly and joins in on Impa's and Pik's happy birthday song. I'm getting recorded from all sides and angles and I wish this was just one of those very realistic, embarrassing dreams. Impa and Pik walk up to me with a fruit cake and candles.