Iris pulled out her tablet and passed a USB to Rhea. "This is all the information I could hack from the interspace," she informed. That was her job, to hack information from various companies and sell them to people. Though her work was illegal to a certain point, the people with whom she would sell the information would mostly be small start-ups, lawyers, and private investors.

She didn't play big or mess with influential people though she could get information about them because she didn't have any backing. She was a lone wolf.

She couldn't risk her life. She was not a big fan of having a death warrant on her head from both the government and the underworld.

Plus, the information was not that deep enough to have people think of harming her. Flint and Rhea's parents were one of her clients. Their mom was a successful lawyer, and their father had an investigation firm.

They usually paid a couple of thousand dollars to her for finding information. Also, they shielded her in case of any mishaps.

It is how she made money as a nineteen-year-old girl. Information is money. That's what she learned from her parents.

Iris's parents were both professors at a university. Her mother taught mathematics, and her father was a computer scientist. She grew as a geeky kid with a ton of books and quizzes. Not that her parents forced her into it, but she genuinely enjoyed learning them.

Until she was 14, when both her parents died in a car accident. Instead of getting into foster care, she ran from home and started living on her own. She met the blonde twins Flint and Rhea at a bookstore. After arguing over which Hogwarts houses they belong to, and a beautiful friendship blossomed.

Her parents then helped her settle down and continue learning.

She is very grateful to the family.

Iris has always been a shy kid. She enjoyed her own company more than anyone. Her parents taught her to rely on herself more than anyone. She won't lie. She enjoyed living with fictional characters than common homo sapiens.

Though she treasured spending her free time with the twins.

She is a human.

Humans are social animals.

They need human communication from time to time to feel alive and functioning.

*clear's throat* "We have gathered today to talk about Rhea's new fashion line start-up," Flint spoke with a proud tone. He opened the laptop and connected it to the projector. Iris had created a ppt for them about various designs, shop locations, and what was not in trend.

Flint started explaining everything. Rhea further added her ideas, and they started sorting out their best options. "I will fly out to France and meet up with a friend. I am thinking of hiring her as the designer," Rhea told. She was pretty serious about it. Rhea even talked about it to her parents and convinced them to invest a little into the business. She was going to be the next luxury brand.

"That's it. We are done for today," Rhea let out a heavy breath as she stretched. Working for three hours straight had drained her a lot.

"Your ideas as usual are very creative, Iris. I am so lucky to meet you. I wish you were my sister than that ugly shit," Rhea praised. Iris blushed at her comment; she was never good at taking compliments.

"Who the hell are you calling little shit, you crazy monkey," Flint hissed at his sister. "Crazy money!" Rhea raised her voice at his brother in an accusing manner. "Wait till mom comes home. I am going to snitch on you you came drunk last Saturday," she threatened her brother. Flint's face went pale. They would ground him.

Rhea laughed like a possessed person. She always had cards over his brother.

Iris smiled at their bickering. "I will take my leave," she started gathering her things. Rhea walked her to the car.

"You are going to snitch on Flint," Iris felt a little bad. He is always good to her. "Nah, I am not going do it," Rhea waved off. Iris frowned at her reply. She just said she would snitch. Looking at her confused face, Rhea let a helpless smile. Iris was simple-minded.

"It feels good to threaten him. I won't snitch on him so that he doesn't snitch on me. Snitches get snitches," she explained. "It's bad to lie," Iris frowned. Her mother always scolded her whenever she lied. Even after the mother passed away, her teachings remained buried deep in her heart.

Maybe because she lost her mother early on. She did not want to let go of those feelings and her values so that she could remember her mother and father more. Iris still had the naivety of a fourteen-year-old girl at some points.

No one was there to teach her that stuff. She would usually shy away from people, making her harder to make friends, as she could approach anyone by herself. So she only had two friends, Rhea and Flint, who she valued a lot.

Also, her introverted and anti-social personality blocked 90% of her human contact, making her a little oblivious to the real world. She became more of a closed person when her parents died. Though she was naïve in certain expectations, she could differentiate between right and wrong.

Sometimes she would stumble on dark stuff while hacking. She would feel guilty for all those who suffered under power exploitation. She learned quite a lot from her computer, which people to avoid and who to befriend.

She is book smart, not street smart.

"It is good to lie sometimes," Rhea mischievously grinned at her. Iris giggled at her expression. Saying her goodbyes, she drove back to her tiny, cozy apartment.

"I am back," she said to the fluffy toys in her home.

She washed her hands and made herself a quick lunch. Eating alone while watching anime, she felt content.

~I've been watching you for some time. Can't stop staring at those ocean eyes~

Her phone rang. Looking at the unknown caller ID, she frowned but picked up the call.

"Hello, is this Ms.Iris Fields?" the female voice asked.

"Yes."

"Ms. Fields, I am Emilia Broome from Sinclair corp. Mr. Sinclairs would like to meet you regarding a note and how you got the information."

To be continued...