*Chapter 12*

"We're going to leave the world better than we found it."

The rest of the day was spent preparing to travel to White Harbor and then sail for Dragonstone

The rest of the day was spent preparing to travel to White Harbor and then sail for Dragonstone. It didn't take me long to pack my saddlebags since I had barely unpacked in the first place. I arrived in Winterfell five days ago and was never sure how long I would stay. The only things I needed to pack were the clothes I had worn.

Of course, I also had to tell Kovarro about the letter and why we were going straight to Dragonstone rather than traveling through the Seven Kingdoms. He took the news well. Kovarro was understandably frustrated Varys sent a letter from Dragonstone on mine and Tyrion's behalf without our knowledge or consent. However, he knew the letter was sent solely so Jon would have a reason to travel south.

The one thing I still hadn't spoken to Kovarro about was the Army of the Dead, Night King, and the war north of the Wall coming for us. I wasn't sure how he had taken the news, so I was waiting until my advisors and army had gathered on Dragonstone to approach the subject. I needed guidance deciding which war was more pressing, which enemy we would engage first, Cersei Lannister or the Night King.

While Jon and I traveled to Dragonstone, the wildlings were heading to Eastwatch. I hadn't spent much time with Tormund in the past few days, but I would miss him nonetheless. He may be an incessant flirt, but his optimism and rambunctious attitude almost always brought a smile to my face. I knew I couldn't marry a wildling, but he had started to become a trusted friend.

Jon and I led a small party of men on horseback which allowed us to move faster than if we were pulling a carriage or had men on foot with us. We didn't leave Winterfell until the day after the meeting in the Great Hall. Our party left at midday, which resulted in us arriving at Cerwyn in the evening. Dinner was a rather boring affair. We hadn't been riding long enough to be exhausted, but we were all rather worn out from being on the move for a large portion of the day.

When I finished eating, I retired to my room for the night. I made my way to the second floor of the inn and used the key to unlock the room provided to me by the inkeep. I shut the heavy wooden door behind me and turned to face a surprised Jon Snow in stages of undress. I was frozen in place for a moment before I was able to turn around.

"I apologize, Your Grace. I'll get another room." Despite facing the door, the image of him standing before me in only his trousers was burned into my mind. It was a picture I doubted I would ever forget.

"There's no use. This was the last one." His voice came closer as he spoke, tempting me to turn around.

"I can share with Kovarro." I reached for the door handle, but his calloused fingers wrapped around my wrist before I could grip it.

"Stay." It was only one word, but seven hells, it may as well have been a command.

I gradually turned around as Jon pulled on my wrist until I was facing him. His bare chest was directly in front of my face, but I managed to keep my gaze tethered to his brown eyes. Jon let go of my wrist which allowed me to reach up with my freed hand and gently touch the scar under his eye. The moment my finger touched his skin and his lips curled in a pained smile, I dropped my hand.