Chapter 11

"When the red star bleeds and the darkness gathers, Azor Ahai shall be born again amidst smoke and salt to wake dragons out of stone."

"All right

"All right." Jon paused for a minute while he considered whether or not to tell me what was on his mind. "I received two ravens today, one was from Dragonstone."

"What do you mean one was from Dragonstone?" I turned to look up at him and found that his brows were furrowed. As far as I knew, the island was still deserted. There was only one person who would have sent a letter containing such lies.

"It was signed Tyrion Lannister, Hand of the Queen to Valaena Targaryen." He continued warily, gauging my reaction.

"Varys likely sent it. What did the letter say?" That fucking spider always consipring. At least he was being helpful, but his constantly doing things without going through me first was growing irksome.

"It was an invitation to meet with you. I expect it was sent to give me a reason to tell the Northern Lords if I decided to go to Dragonstone with you." The more time I spent with Jon, the more I understood why he was chosen to be the King of his people. He was intelligent with the right temperament to rule.

"What will you do about it?" I genuinely wanted to know his answer. We hadn't talked about whether or not he would join me when I travelled south, but I hoped he would.

"I wanted to speak with you about it first. I also received a letter from a trusted friend at the Citadel. He told me Dragonstone is built on a mountain of dragonglass." Jon let go of my hand and turned to the side, facing the courtyard rather than me.

"You should come with me to Dragonstone. When my army arrives, I'll help you mine the glass. Leave your people here to train and guard the North in the case the Wall falls before we make it back." I followed Jon's gaze to find Oberyn training in the yard with a spear. He was talented and graceful.

"What will I tell my people?" It was a rhetorical question, but I wanted to help him. He had been my confidant since I arrived in Winterfell, I owed him the same.

"I know you don't wish to lie to them, but do you want to reveal that I have been hiding under their noses? They will have to find out eventually, your sister already knows. Are you ready to reveal it now, or do you want to wait until they must find out?" I gently asked him the questions he needed to answer before he would be ready to call the meeting. Personally, I wouldn't mind either way. Of course, I preferred to stay in hiding as long as I could. However, I would reveal my true identity if he thought it was best.

Jon placed a heavy hand on my shoulder in reassurance and thanks then turned to leave. I stayed on the ramparts watching Oberyn, Kovarro, and Tormund spar. The three of them were practicing and helping instruct the others in the courtyard. I stood there watching until Jon called for the Lords and Ladies to gather in the Great Hall. I sat in the back of the Hall with Oberyn and Kovarro while Tormund sat with the other wildings.