*Chapter 5*

"When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east. When the seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves. When your womb quickens again, and you bear a living child. Then he will return, and not before."

I was insufferably cold wandering through the castle in search of the elusive King of the North

I was insufferably cold wandering through the castle in search of the elusive King of the North. I needed to talk to him about my conversation with Lady Sansa, but couldn't find him. He had watched me sparring in the courtyard two days in a row, yet when I wanted to speak with him he was nowhere to be found.

I passed through the Great Hall first in my search as I meandered out of the buildings and into the cold I couldn't escape. Kovarro and Tormund were sparring again. They had gotten quite close in the short amount of time we've been in the North. I was happy for Kovarro. He was wary of coming to Westeros, I was glad he made a friend and had someone here to talk to apart from me.

When I glanced upwards, my gaze travelling across the ramparts, I noticed King Jon Snow watching the men sparring in the courtyard. His piercing brown eyes met mine and a hint of a smile graced his lips for a brief moment. I tore my gaze from his and forced my feet to approach the stairs leading up to the ramparts where he was standing.

It wasn't long before my feet started climbing the stairs on their own accord. It felt as if there was an invisible, intangible tether pulling me towards the battle hardened King. There was something between us, some connection I couldn't explain. I could only hope he felt it too.

"My Lady." The sound of King Jon's deep voice pulled me from my thoughts as I stopped in front of him.

"Your Grace. I have something I'd like to ask you." I could tell by the way he looked at me it didn't go unnoticed that I'd left his cloak in my room. He hid his disappointment with a curt nod telling me to continue. "When you gave me your cloak, does that mean something?"

"I gave you my cloak to ward off the cold." He needed to learn to hide his emotions better. I could tell he wasn't lying, but the look in his eyes meant he was hiding something.

"But?" His answer would determine if I would continue wearing his cloak or buy one of my own. I suppose if I did get my own, I would have the Martell crest embossed in it. I would prefer one with the Targaryen crest, but I couldn't announce my true identity to Westeros yet.

"Wearing another person's cloak . . ." He cut himself off before continuing, but I knew what he meant.

Sansa's reaction earlier and Jon's reluctance to give me the information I wanted confirmed wearing someone's cloak meant you are courting. It wasn't Jon's intention when he wrapped his cloak around my shoulders yesterday, but it didn't change what people thought when they saw me wearing it. Seven hells, his own sister saw me wearing it. I was now certain she thought there was something going on between us. Did she suspect I'm trying to manipulate him into joining my war against Tommen and wed me? I wouldn't blame her if she does.