Ch. 28 - The advice

Start from the beginning

"Uh oh." Dennis looks at Jeff. They are crowded around a screen in the pop-up video village, watching the scene unfold. Sandra is whip-smart and naturally funny. You can see the warmth in Keanu's eyes. For the ones who've been around the block, like Dennis, it's clear that he is intrigued.

"You just now catching on?" Jeff smirks at Dennis.

"He could do worse," Dennis shrugs before moving toward the set of his character's house.

~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*

Back on the bus, the cell phone rings...

Keanu answers, *"Yeah."

"I think we have trust, but it looks on TV like you're trying to get those passengers off the bus," Dennis delivers his lines expertly.

"Look you gotta let me have one...as an act of faith. We have an injured man here, the driver's been shot."

Dennis' laugh needs no notes. "Jack, now tell me that you haven't been shooting the passengers. I thought it was customary for a police officer to, you know, shoot the bad guys."

The character of Sam is evacuated off of the bus and onto the flat bed of the semi-truck. Melissa kicks into overdrive with her character's anxiety.

"I have to, Annie."

"No, Helen! Helen, no!!"

"CUT! Break for lunch everyone and we'll come back after the pyro scenes are complete

"CUT! Break for lunch everyone and we'll come back after the pyro scenes are complete."

Everyone on board erupts into applause with a few tears, as this is Melissa's final day of shooting. The bus slowly comes to a full stop so the cast can disembark. Keanu is the first off, turning around to see Sandra standing at the top. He reaches his hand up to take hers and help her down. Behind her, Stephens stops on the middle step, watching him fuss over Sandra. Batting his eyelashes, he extends his hand out toward Keanu as though he is waiting to be assisted down the steps, as well. Keanu reaches up, grips his wrist and gives a quick tug, propelling Stephens forward in one fell swoop. The two men slap each other on the back, laughing heartily. Stephens launches into a story while Keanu turns around, looking for Sandra. Stephens is still talking but his voice fades out as Keanu realizes Sandra is already halfway to the warehouse for her turn to be interviewed. He turns back towards Stephen and wills himself to re-enter the meaningless chatter.

~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*

Still dressed in her wardrobe for Annie, Sandra takes a seat in a director-style chair to be interviewed.

She's asked about the director. **"Jan's been a DP for so many years, I mean, he's done so many projects so obviously he's been around some of the greatest directors and that's the best...I think that's the best lesson, you know, you can get. I don't think you can get better training."