Eighty Three:

Days later

Bri
August 30
2:25 pm

"It was some girl and her boyfriend fighting outside the store. He was dragging her by the hair and everything but she got away and when she did she got in her car and ran him right over" Yasmine explained to Ari over FaceTime as she sat outside the store, which was forced to close down for the rest of the day due to the incident.

Ari shook her head while I laughed a little, holding Jeremiah

"What you doing right now?"

"I'm waiting for the police to tell me I can leave.. they coming back over here, I'll let you know more later"

" okay"

Ari hung up the phone before rubbing her head and Kay laughed

"People always actin a damn fool"

"I can't even say shit cause I almost hit shy with the car before" I shrugged, looking at Jeremiah before looking up seeing how Ari looked at me

"You really tried to hit shy with a cat?"

"Hell yeah" I nodded as Kay continued laughing

"This must've been before I moved out here cause I don't remember this"

"I think this was right before you moved out here kay. I was surely bout to turn that ass into a speed bump"

"Oh so you and shy was that level of toxic?" Ari asked

"Girl toxic ain even the word. And I'm not proud of it cause at the end of the day, our son was the one that hurt the most from it"

Ari nodded "You right.. well did he find out any results yet?"

"He ain told me shit yet. Honestly ion even know if I care to know anyways"

"You don't wanna know no more? Why?"

Kay looked with her eyebrow raised "you thinkin bout leaving him forreal?"

I shrugged "I'm thinking on it"

"Well you know I'm your best friend and ima support your decision 100%... but honestly why now?" Kay asked me "I mean, yeah, a baby would be too much for me too but Bri even after ALL shy did, all the possibilities of things that could happen, you still took him back. And I know this ain easy on you, I hate this for you but this little girl ain new. She has changed so much since then and you forgave him. No he wasn't perfect and yes he pissed everybody off but we also gotta acknowledge the fact that that was his past that you forgave him about"

"I just-.. I don't know y'all"

"Well you know just cause he changed didn't mean he hit a hard factory reset on life. Right?" Ari said to me while I passed Jeremiah back to her "it's okay for you to be disappointed right now but like Kay said, remember you forgave him knowing the consequences of his actions"

"If we wasn't your real friends we wouldn't be tellin you this Bri. Trust me"

"I know. And I'm listening"

"Y'all came too far, y'all have a family and y'all have built each other up so much. Don't just leave that boy brionna" Kay spoke as she opened a piece of gum and put it in her mouth "hell, he probably somewhere crying to benji and Meechie right now bout you"

"I just really, REALLY hope this baby ain his"

"We all do.. do you believe him cause he says it's no way possible"

"I want to but I just can't. He probably don't even remember who he had sex with"

"Well he seems pretty sure about this"