Twenty Three:

Bri
August 14
11:50 am

"So it's a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom, it's in our price range and the pictures look nice but you know.. we can't always trust pictures so we'll have to go see it" I told shy while I laid on my side as he rubbed my back

My back has been hurting like hell all morning so shy just sat there and massaged and rubbed it, talking to me so I'll keep my mind off of the pain.

"When you wanna go look at it?"

"Just let me know when you wanna go. I'll call the lady when you let me know"

"Ight, I'll let you know"

My phone started ringing so I sighed, picking it up.

"Why is she calling me?"

"Who?"

"My momma" I muttered before answering and put the phone on speaker then sat it back down on the bed "hello"

"So you figured it wasn't necessary to tell your mother that you and that boy decided to pick up and move elsewhere with my grandson"

Shy sucked his teeth while I just rolled my eyes

"Bye ma. I'm not doing this right now"

"And you know you're wrong, that's why you're so quick to wanna get off the phone right now"

"Wrong? What exactly am I wrong about?"

"I'm done tryina talk some sense into you when it comes to that boy but the fact that you're tryina keep me away from my grandchildren Brionna. That's wrong"

"Ma I'm not keeping you away from him. You the one that pick and choose when you wanna come around or get in contact. And it wouldn't be a problem with you getting him if you stopped disrespecting his daddy especially when you around him"

"And for what reason do I have to no disrespect his daddy? What? Because all of a sudden he's doing better as a man? And how long you think that's gonna last? Besides, one little year of him finally doing better dont even equal all of the years of pain he put you and jr through. But you're blind to the true him because he knows he can control your little naive ass with that drug money"

"Ma-"

"No brionna! I let you talk your shit too many times so ima talk mine! Shy is nothing but detrimental to your life and I warned you about him when you first told me about him. And he obviously don't give a damn about you or jr because if he did he would BEEN did better but no! Everybody else came before his family and THAT is a sorry excuse of a man. I tried my best to keep you from going down this route but you just don't listen and look at you. A babymomma to a sorry ass boy and all I can do is pray that jr don't end up just like him"

"I ain even bout to argue witcho momma man" shy said as he got up and walked out of the room

"Shy.." I called out his name but he just ignored me "really momma! You CONSTANTLY do that shit and I'm DONE"

"Do what bri? Tell the truth?"

"Listen, don't call my phone nomore!"

"And that's fine, but just know I will be getting my grandson one way or another"

"Do whatchu gotta do then" I told her before hanging up and got up, leaving my phone on the bed while I left the room. I went downstairs to see where shy went and went in the kitchen hearing talking but it was just Kay at the table with Kyran, jr and Hendrix

"Y'all seen shy?" I asked

"I think he went outside" Kay answered "he looked mad, yall good?"

"My momma called" I told her and she nodded