Sixty Seven:

Mj
April 22
7:25 pm

"Seriously Mary. Outta all the people in the world you ended up fuckin with Carmen?" Lani laughed as she ate

"I don't even remember seeing that girl at the party. That's the crazy thing"

"Well I guess y'all did see each other and decided to y'all own lil scissor party" she laughed before taking a bite of her food

"Oh bitch fuck you. Shit up and eat cause I worked hard on that food"

Lani looked up from her food "oh you really cooked this?"

"Yeah. It's good ain it?"

The look on lani's face was beyond priceless and funny as hell

"I'm just fuckin witchu" I laughed "but I worked hard finding all the right shit Ari put on the list so I could get her to cook it. I feel like that was more work than her cooking it. Them culinary people don't play bout specific foods and seasonings."

"Oh Ari cooked it. Can you tell her I said thank you"

"It was nothing really. I was able to get a good laugh at her and Meechie going back and forth about the baby's apparent big ass head"

She shook her head "that shit ain no joke when that head start coming out. And I went natural so I felt everything. I still be feeling that pain just looking at her head"

"Yeah and you was tired as hell when I came to see her"

"Was? Bitch I'm exhausted now. All Kaleia do is cry and I'm here alone tryina clean up, fix bottles, do laundry, cook.. it's just so much. That's why I'm so thankful you came over here today"

"You know I gotchu girl" I let her know while I put the dishes up that I washed for her earlier

I knew lani was struggling and tired because she was basically a single mother right now since scooter seemed to care more about work than his family so I closed up the shop early, came over here and helped her out with Kaleia until she went to sleep, brought her something to eat and cleaned up so she could get a break

"Where the hell is scooter anyways? He should be off work by now"

She kissed her teeth "that boy at his mommas house right now. He FaceTimed me right before you got here so she could see him, talkin bout his momma needed him to do some stuff for him. And when he come home he get her for like an hour or two then go to sleep"

"So he can get off of work and go help his momma instead of coming home to his family and help with his newborn child?"

"Mj I choose to not argue. I'm just too tired"

"That's still fucked up milani. His priorities all fucked up and that's not cool. If this was gonna happen you could've just came to my damn house after you left the hospital and I would've been more help than your own nigga"

"It's cool mj. I just know that this is my first and ONLY child. I can not do this again"

"It's hot cool and don't try to let this shit slide. You always letting scooter off the hook and I'm sick of it"

I could hear the door close in the living room and eventually scooter came in the kitchen, sitting his keys down

"What's the conversation?" He asked and lani sighed

"Nothing"

"No! It's not nothjng. The conversation is why your family seem to be at the bottom of your to do list?"

Scooter looked at me some type of way

"What?"

"Scooter I shouldn't have to be over here helping your wife clean and take care of a baby or a house that's not mine"