Chapter 20

"So, have you finished dissecting my suit?" John Henry Irons asked Lillian Luthor as she made her daily visit.

"Just wanted to see if you'd reconsider? After all, we do share a common enemy." Lillian said.

"Forget it. I will always hate Superman, but Supergirl is not our enemy. She's the only alien we can trust." Irons said.

"Have it your way. But you should know that your tech will come in handy in helping Cadmus restore this planet to its rightful rulers. Humanity. And we will never live in fear of kryptonians or any other aliens again. Or even the scourge of metahumans." Lillian said.

"I thought that you'd approve of them, since isn't making them what you do?" Irons asked.

"Cyborgs. There's a difference. A subtle difference, but one nonetheless. Besides, metahumans are just as bad as aliens. People with powers who use them to terrorize and enforce their will. If they're not with us, then they're against us and they need to be exterminated. But one plague at a time. We'll deal with aliens first, since that's one where we'll wipe them all out in one swoop. Once that's done, then we'll start eliminating metas." Lillian said, right as they heard a crashing sound and the building shook.

"Sounds like someone might have a problem with that." Irons said.

"What is going on?" Lillian asked into her radio over the comms.

"Superman and Supergirl are here, along with what looks like that martian Henshaw told us about. I don't know how they found this place, but based on our surveillance feeds, they are not happy." one of her agents responded.

"Deploy our assets. I'm sure Henshaw will be very eager for a reunion with the martian who stole his life and Draper has unfinished business." Lillian said.

"What about RT?" the agent said.

"No, it's not ready yet. Have it and all techs involved in it moved to a new site and do the same for Sam Lane and Jeremiah Danvers. That has to be why they're here." Lillian said.

"We're implementing evacuation protocols now. Your transport will be waiting." the agent said.

"Good. What's the status of our kryptonite?" Lillian asked.

"Our men are arming themselves with kryptonite weaponry now, but it will take too long to produce enough kryptonite gas to stop them, especially when our most recent intelligence is that they now have equipment to protect themselves against it." the agent said.

"Do what you can, evacuate all the necessary personnel and resources and then burn the rest of it." Lillian said.

"Well, that should get their attention." Supergirl said as she, Superman and Martian Manhunter stepped through the hole she'd made in the wall.

"You'd think Cadmus would work harder to secure their locations." Superman said.

"Enough you two. You should activate your kryptonite suits, since we all know that Cadmus has been stockpiling it." Martian Manhunter said and Superman and Supergirl both nodded in agreement as they did exactly that.

"Nice suits. Too bad they won't protect you." a new voice said as the real Hank Henshaw said as he walked up to them, along with Master Jailer.

"Henshaw. Should've known you weren't dead." J'onn said.

"You really think I'd just die and let you steal my life you filthy alien scum." Henshaw demanded.

"Draper, why are you here?" Supergirl asked.

"I do whatever I'm told." Master Jailer said.

"Okay, clearly you've been brainwashed." Supergirl said.

"What's the plan?" Superman asked.

"J'onn and I will deal with these two, you search this entire facility until you find Jeremiah." Supergirl said and Superman nodded as he flew off into the facility while Supergirl and J'onn fought Master Jailer and Henshaw respectively.

Superman was flying through the entire facility, searching high and low for any sign of Jeremiah when he picked up another voice. One he certainly hadn't expected to hear here, but he was glad he had as he followed it to a holding cell.

"Sam, are you in there?" Superman called out as his father-in-law appeared.

"Superman, what took you so long?" Sam asked as Superman removed the cell door from its hinges.

"It's a big planet and Cadmus took precautions to hide you. Honestly, finding you here was just a lucky bonus." Superman admitted.

"Why are you here?" Sam asked.

"Searching for another prisoner of Cadmus, Jeremiah Danvers." Superman said.

"I'll help." Sam said as he winced in pain.

"No you're not, I can see you've got several cases of internal damage. Supergirl, J'onn, you read me?" Superman asked.

"Loud and clear, what's up?" Supergirl asked as she knocked Draper out.

"There's been an unforeseen complication." Superman said.

"What kind of complication?" J'onn asked as he continued fighting Henshaw, though Supergirl was now helping him and had even used her heat vision to burn away a part of his skin around his right eye, revealing the optic behind it and making him look like he had before.

"Sam Lane is here too and he's hurt." Superman said.

"Get him to the Tower and take Draper with you. He's unconscious and the Tower has holding cells we can keep him in until we can transfer him to the DEO. I'll find Jeremiah." Supergirl said.

"Copy that." Superman said.

"What's going on?" Sam asked.

"Supergirl is going to find Jeremiah, I'm getting you back to your family general. I think you've been away from them long enough and Lois will be very relieved you're alive." Superman said and he could tell that Sam was in pain since he didn't even argue with him about it.

Lois was surprised when there was a gust of wind in the Tower and she saw Clark return with her father of all people.

"Clark, what's going on?" Lois asked.

"We found your dad at the same facility Cadmus is holding Jeremiah at. I brought him here because he needs medical attention now. Supergirl is still searching the facility for Jeremiah." Superman said.

"Take him to the infirmary, I'm sure Eliza can look over him until we can get him transferred to a military hospital. Preferably without him knowing the location of this place." Lois said.

"And he can hear you." Sam said.

"Right, sorry dad." Lois said with a smile as she rushed up and hugged him gently.

"Come on, let's go. The boys will be very happy to know you're okay. Or at least that you're alive." Lois said as Clark took him down to the Tower's medbay.