Chapter 8~crazy mother-in-law UNION crazier siblings-in-law

Start from the beginning

Once,

Twice.

No reply.

Has he no family?

Ofcourse he has! Otherwise he would not have kept pressing the calling-bell like a fool!

After ringing the bell for third time and still not geting any response he fishes his phone out from his stuffed punjabi-pocket and dials someone.

" Rai, open the damn door. I'm waiting with your sister-in-law yar, " he tells on the phone calmly.

Hm. So he is talking with his sister!

After like 2 minutes a commotion is heared and the door is opened by a cheerful girl .

" Awe, sorry boudi, I was searching my matching ear-rings with this saree. so I was late. sorry-MAAA dada  is here!"

The girl stops after her long apology followed by her calling for her mother.

Holy Shiva!  The newly married bride is waiting on the door and she was searching her ear-rings!!

I smile. What else can I do!

She is still fixing her pink saree .

She is pretty.

Soon a woman in her 50's appears on the door wearing a churidarh without the dupatta.

" Oh, Ma you're here." Rai chimes.

Hmm. Impressing!

What a dresscode to recieve a new bride.

I bend to touch her feet and Idhant does so.

I don't know she gives us blessings or not but she delivers a tight smile.

Then Rai brings a plate with a candle without any sweet or a glass of water.

Rotating it the woman who is supposed to be my mother-in-law welcomes us.

Oh man! no hitting on paddy-filled-pitcher! no stepping on lac-milk mixture!

Talk to be honest I don't like rituals but these two one while entering husband's house are my favourite!

And these stupid woman does not bother about those!

I mean they are so nice to be seen on movies! So doing those would have been nicer!

I stand there silently. Rai asks us to step inside but I don't budge.

" Is there a problem?" Idhant whispers and I look at him.

Oh boy! I feel like a doll beside him. He is so tall!

" I-I need to step on milk-lac mixture. Tell them to bring it." I whine like a little girl omitting the wish to hit the picher.

He nods in a professor like manner then calls Rai outside and tells her something in a low voice which I can't hear.

Rai disappears in the house leaving her mother eyeing suspiciously on me.

After 5 minures rai appears with a china-bowl with some liquid in it.

Probably the lac-milk mixture whise colour is undeterminable for the deep shade of the bowl.

Oh God! Can't she manage to bring it in a metal! The last thing I want to step on the China-bowl and break it!

But as soon as Rai places it infront of me the dear mother-in-law shrieks, " RAI!! HOW DARE YOU TO WASTE THE MILK! I HAVE TO MAKE HORLICKS FOR YOUR BROTHER DAMN IT!!"