Longing

Lauren and her agent where sitting a Jasmine's plush office the following afternoon. They were there to preview the basketball player's biography before its release date the following month.

"I hope this is quick." Lauren grunted, crossing an ankle on top of her knee.

"It should be. Just relax."

Simon studied her for a moment. The basketball player looked physically worn out and dark circles could be seen around her eyes.

"When was the last time you got some sleep?"

Lauren raised her eyes from her lap, looking into his concerned ones.

"Oh, um, maybe a few days. Camz has been having these nightmares and it keeps me up."

Simon nodded in understanding. But in truth, Camila hadn't not had a nightmare for weeks now. Lauren was still on edge about the incident with the brakes. It still creeped her out and some nights she couldn't sleep. Three months has passed since the accident and nothing unusual had occurred.

But what Lauren did do was hire extra security around the perimeter of the house.

She shielded her eyes, frowning from the rays coming through the office windows.

"Doesn't it seem a little too bright in here?" She grimaced.

"Uh, not really." Simon responded, puzzled. To him, the room was perfectly lit. "Are you sure you're alright?"

The dark haired sighed heavily and nodded.

"Yeah, I'm fine." She gave him a reassuring smile. "No worries."

Just then the door opened and Jasmine walked in holding the biography draft and a few cover photos of Lauren. "Hello, Lauren , Simon. I hope I didn't keep you waiting long."

"Not at all, Jasmine." Simon grinned.

"Great." The blonde said, giving a winning smile. She placed the materials on the desk and sat down in her leather chair. "So, Lauren, how's Camila doing?"

"She's doing well, thanks for asking." Lauren smiled politely.

Jasmine smiled back and gave a nod.

"Alright, well let's begin."

The three went over the biography and photos in a matter of forty five minutes. Lauren had to admit that she was very impressed by Jasmine's thoroughness in her writing. The basketball player also liked the idea of the ESPN cover. There were to be two photos of Lauren on the cover. Both of them looked like they were in the same picture. One was of her in regular clothes, which represented the real Lauren and the other was her on a Monarch's Jersey giving a cute wink.

"This is great!" Lauren said with enthusiasm.

"Thank you, Lauren. I'm just doing my job."

"Well, you did great." The green eyed replied, looking over the article. "Now, I know why they consider you the best."

"Do you really?" The blonde purred suggestively.

Lauren slowly looked up at Jasmine and caught the flicker of bold flirtation in those eyes. Much like the look she gave her in the dressing room months ago.

Simon saw the look passing between the two and cleared his throat. He stood from his seat and picked up his briefcase.

"I think we have everything settled here. Unless, there is anything else, Ms. Hayworth."