"Nice to meet you," I replied dully.

Omar followed closely after us as we made our way into a triage lab room.

"Can I have you step up on the scale for me and provide me with your name and date of birth," she insisted.

I stepped on the scale and announced my full name and birthday for her and she nodded and said I was okay to sit onto the treatment table.

"I'm just going to take down some information from you and then we're going to get you into your actual room for the doctor okay?," she stated.

"That's fine."

"Okay so I see here you think you're miscarrying why is that?," she asked.

I gulped. Hearing the word just made things seem realer and sadder. It felt like I had a cold hard piece of ice lodged in my throat. I could barely speak freely enough to answer her.

"We um— we had sex and I noticed blood, a lot of it when I went to the bathroom afterwards," I replied.

"Nurse is there anything you can tell us now just to prepare us?," Omar asked.

His eyes were widened and red as though he had been crying, but I hadn't noticed until now. His hands were slightly trembling and he was biting on his lower lip nervously.

"I've seen these situations go both ways, all I can recommend is to try to take a deep breath and keep the faith," she replied. She winked at me when she said Faith and I chuckled lightly, I had been hearing that joke my whole life.

"How far along are you?," she asked as she continued typing on the portable computer she had standing with her.

"I'm not sure, I only just found out a few days ago and I was on birth control so I'm not sure how to track anything," I replied.

"Okay so what we're going to do is get you down to our ultrasound tech for her to take a look at you get some images and I'm also going to take some labs and urine from you," she stated.

The blood pressure cuff she had placed on me minutes ago began to release and beep giving a reading, I looked up at it and read the numbers with a sigh of relief. My blood pressure was perfectly normal. 120/80. Pulse was at 80.

"Vitals look good. Can you go ahead and get some urine in this cup for me?," she asked, handing me a small cup.

I nodded and quickly made my way into the restroom to get the urine. I surprisingly had to pee quite a bit. I still noticed blood when wiping so my anxiety began to spike through the roof again.

I came back from the restroom and handed her the cup. She placed it down on a paper towel on the counter and made her way towards me for the labs. She stuck me quickly and softly and before I knew it she was applying bandages to my arm and was completely finished.

"Can he come with me? He's the dad," I asked.

"Of course, let's go ahead."

We made our way down the hallway to the radiology department, it felt darker, colder. We approached a door that read Ultrasound Room 1.