25 | Monday

Chapter 25 : Monday

Monday finally rolled around after what had felt like the longest, most eventful weekend ever. I'd had enough down time to think about both the good and bad that came with it.

On a bad note I was forced to meet someone I didn't want to ever see and had gotten into it with my mother because of it. However, on a good note I'd made love to Omar and taken that next step forward with him. The good by far outweighed the bad.

I sat on the edge of my bed reminiscing about the love me and Omar had made. It felt pure and refreshing, nothing short of amazing. I smiled and stretched. This somehow helped motivate me to drag myself out of my bed.

After I finished taking Nala out I grabbed me a granola bar from the pantry, threw on a pair of turquoise blue and white scrubs with matching crocs and headed out the door.

When I arrived to work it was extremely dead, I took this as a blessing in disguise. After my weekend I was absolutely drained to say the least.

"Good morning Faith," Michelle greeted.

I smiled and replied back, "Good morning hun."

We sat at our desks discussing our weekends briefly and began to sip on iced coffees. The patient flow began to increase steadily so I finally began to wake up after what felt like forever.

After I helped my last patient check out and processed her co-pay I walked to my computer and logged out. I was running a little late to therapy but figured it would be fine. I wouldn't have as much time there but I might not need the extra time anyway.

When I arrived at Dr.Mayfield's lobby I was instantly pulled back to his office. When he looked at me he looked a bit darker, his eyes weren't as blue as normal which led me to believe he might've been sad or upset himself. Why did I care? For some reason I did.

I flopped down on the couch overlooking his chair.

"Good evening Dr.Mayfield," I greeted him.

He smiled briefly and greeted me in return.

"I'd like to hop right on in as we only will have an hour today," he explained.

I nodded in agreement, "Well I had a discovery this weekend that might help make this therapy thing end much sooner."

He looked at me coldly.

"What might that be?" He asked, without any sense of relief like I had expected.

I gulped lightly, feeling the air become thin.

"I met my father, unplanned but indefinitely," I responded, beginning to itch my hair from nervousness.

"How did that go?," he asked dryly.

"I wasn't very happy with it but I did sit down and hear him out," I announced, feeling somewhat proud about it.

"That's great Faith, I'm very proud of your progress, my apologies if I seem a bit bland," he responded.

I nodded that it was okay, expecting him to vent but he didn't.

I continued telling him about how my weekend went when meeting my dad.

"I don't think I would've been excited to see him either way it went but I do wish I would've known about him being there so I could've possibly mentally and emotionally prepared."

He sat up in his chair, wrote notes down on his notepad and responded to my statement, "I think regardless you wouldn't have agreed to meet him. Though your mother is slightly wrong for blindsiding you she knows you better than anyone. She made the right call to get this done."

I shook my head in agreement, I'd already thought of this in my head when I asked myself why she did it.

We ended our session sooner than normal and agreed to pick it back up within a few days. He said he'd let his assistant know when he would be available again. I left his office feeling somewhat complete, but also incomplete.

I didn't have feelings for my therapist of course, but he'd become important to me and I just hoped he was okay. I needed him to be okay.

I made my way to my apartment and when I reached my parking spot outside of my building I pulled out my phone. Opening my text threads I made my way to Omar's thread.

We'd been texting last night about how ready we were for Tuesday. We'd agreed to go to a Mexican restaurant and honor the whole "Taco Tuesday" thing. Our texts were always gushy.

🍫 : I'm starting to hate having to work

Me : Why is that?

🍫 : Cus' I fuckin miss you like alot

Me : I miss you too daddy. I'll see ya soon. Taco Tuesday is tomorrow. 😜

🍫 : Ok bet. I'm trying to grab tacos with you and eat you like one afterwards. Cool?

Me : It's a date. ☺️

I sat there with butterflies in the pit of my stomach as I read through our texts, then I dialed his number.

"Hey beautiful," he answered, I could hear him grinning through the phone.

I smiled widely from ear to ear.

"Hey baby how was your day?" I asked, running my hand along my steering wheel.

"Eventful. This project is definitely going to take longer than expected but since we have a deadline I'm going to have to swing it," he replied.

His ambition and the way he conducted his business and professionalism was top tier.

"You got this baby. I know it seems stressful but you have the dedication to get it done," I assured him.

"Thank you queen, I appreciate that," he responded, "I'm going to get back to this site but I will see your fine ass tomorrow, wear something tight."

I giggled and hung up the phone.

With Omar I felt the thrill of adventure, excitement and freedom. Things that every woman should witness with a man at least once in their lifetime.

I sat there in awe but quickly snapped out of it when I began to get deep in thought about how I hadn't been so lucky in the past.

I still hadn't figured out what was happening with Jackson or why he'd returned to the city. Lately I'd been so distracted with Omar and building our love story that I had forgotten all about my personal horror story.

A part of me wanted to forget he existed, but the other part of me couldn't. When you go through that kind of trauma it doesn't just disappear.

I sighed deeply and told myself I was just overthinking. I made my way up to my apartment and continued on with my night.

A/N : I had to cool it down a little for you guys I know it has been hot & heavy for the last few chapters. Don't worry there's more to come of course. If you like the story please vote & comment on it. Stay tuned. 🦋🖤

Edited by author on 5/21/22 💫