Chapter 2: I really like you...

Start from the beginning

Zack: "Ch'yeah, dude. You're like totally built different."

Hero: "What can I say, those are just my father's genes..."

Zack: "Can we like, trade dads? Mine left for milk and never came back." He said, making us laugh, except me.

Vincent: "Heh, that's funny..." My voice trailed down.

Hearing their voices fade away, I delve into my brain. Who is my dad? Who is my mom? Where are they? Do they exis- I sharply exhale and bite my lip. No...no th-they have to be alive. Somewhere out there. I'm questioning my own thoughts now, and that's definitely not a good sign. Yeah...They have got to be out in this world. They have to. I know I'm not the only one.

Claire: "Hey, V...?" She said, grabbing my attention. "You okay? You spaced out for a minute. You looked kinda sad."

I adapted a fake smile, and laughed it off.

Vincent: "Yeah, I'm okay! I was just thinking, that's all." I said, making Claire calm down a bit.

Claire: "Well, O-okay. Well we're almost to the locker rooms."

And just like that, we split off, Claire going to the women's locker rooms and the rest of us going into the men's ones. We changed our clothes and headed to the track field.

It was a pretty warm day, about 80 degrees, and there were some clouds in the sky that covered the sun every once in a while. Everybody was wearing the run-of-the-mill clothes; t-shirts, shorts, and jogging shoes.

While I was walking, my shoe became untied, so I crouched on one knee and started tying...but then I notice a pair of feet appear before my eyes. I look up and see Kei, leaning down, her hands on her hips.

Kei: "Hey, Vinny~" She said in a strange tone.

Vincent: "Uhh...hi?" I say nervously. I stand up, making direct eye contact.

Kei looks around, as if making sure there was nobody around us. Suddenly, she puts me in a headlock, grinding her knuckles against my scalp.

Vincent: "Gah! Kei, shtap!"

Kei: "Heehee! Not until I say so, nerd!" She says in a playful tone, chuckling like a madman.

I hate how Kei plays around with me. She bullies me gently. She always refused to physically hurt me, and was even mad at Lance that he shoved me into a locker once. The only things she ever did was call me names (she always did that), antagonize me, and steal my money. I'm afraid she still might like me. She doesn't know that I'm interested in Claire, and if she found out, I don't think she would take that lightly.

Still in the noogie, I could hear Kei whisper in my ear.

Kei: "See me after school, by the library, okay?"

Vincent: "F-fine..." I said, escaping the headlock, catching my breath.

Kei: "Good..." She says, "I'll see you soon~" She blew a kiss at me while walking off to her friends.

The library...that's pretty specific, I thought. Maybe she needs help with homework again, knowing how she doesn't like to admit her inept ability at arithmetic...