The Wedding

Today was the day. The entire kingdom had a sense of happiness within them. The castle had been decorated marvellously, and all the preparations for the wedding had been made.

Yuzu POV

"I'm trying so hard not to think. Thinking will result in me having a breakdown. Kill me. Please. Just freaking strangle me. I can't do this. How am I getting married? I can't get married. I-" my nervous breakdown was interrupted with Blake punching my shoulder, and boy it hurt. "What the fuck are you doing?" He said. I looked at him and nervously said, "L-listen Blake I can't get m-married. Mei is such an amazing person and I love her so much but I'll have to take responsibility and stuff and I am not ready, at all. I can't even-" All of a sudden Blake just looked at me and said "Are you high? You're having a nervous breakdown now? What the hell did I lecture you about for 2 hours last night? And what about Mei? She's not just your responsibility Yuz, she's going to be your wife. Why are you making her sound like a burden? Didn't you say you love her? Was that a lie?" And I was stunned. Mei? A burden? No thats not it. That was never it. I love her, but i don't think I'm good enough for her. I looked at Blake, and said in a low tone , "Do you think she wants to get married to me? What if she still likes that Amemiya guy?" Blake stared at me, and gave out a low chuckle. "Yuz you know you're very fucking stupid sometimes? It's clear to everyone how much she loves you, don't be a fucking asshole and get ready."

His vulgar language actually helped me realise I was being an idiot. It's not about responsibilities, it's about us. I still don't know what I feel for her is love or not, but I know that it's real. And we have the rest of our lives to figure out our feelings.That's all. There's no duty or responsibility. Its just about us, and nothing else. Our feelings, our family and each other. I take a deep breath and look at Blake. "Yeah you're right. I was being an idiot. But I won't anymore. Thanks for everything Blake. I won't get scared anymore."
Blake's face broke out in a grin as he pushed me towards the dressing room.

Mei POV

"I'm getting married? What? Where's my excitement from yesterday? Why am I getting nervous? Will Yuzu be the same after we're married? Will she be different? Will she-" Harumi's enthusiastic scream put an end to my thoughts, and I'm glad it did, since I'm not sure where my thoughts were heading."Mei let's get you dressed up! Come onnnn" she screamed, pulling my arms. "Hey calm down a little" Himeko said. Harumi looked at Himeko and gave her a 'shut the hell up, she looks tensed' look, which I'm very familiar with, since they both always had this habit of diverting my attention to something else with enthusiasm and loudness when I looked stressed out or nervous, and I'm very grateful to the both of them for that.
Harumi then looked at me, and said in a soft tone, "You ok Mei?" I looked at her, and said ,"I don't know what I'm feeling. I'm not sure what I should do."

Harumi and Himeko both took a deep breath and smiled softly. "Do you love her Mei? Do you love Yuzu?" said Himeko, softly. Now it was my turn to take a deep breath, "Yes I think I do. I'm not sure about what the word 'love' truly implies, but I'm willing to find that out with Yuzu." "Then why worry? That handsome hunk of a General is yours for the taking." finished Harumi with a wink. I decided to play along and said, "Hey now, don't even try. That handsome hunk you just mentioned is not up for grabs, and I'll kill you if you even try."  The 3 of us laughed. Yeah I'm ready to get married to that blonde-haired dork.

3rd Person POV

The bells were ringing in the Okogi kingdom. Everyone in town came to see their all-powerful general get married to the raven beauty. 

The palace was something else. The King spared no expense in the decorations, and the entire kingdom looked festive. It seemed like Zeus had smiled on them, and the weather was perfect. The wedding hour came and the 50 cohorts of the kingdom bore down their flags, to pay respect to the newly wedded royal couple.

Just 1 upcoming hitch though.

Yuzu POV:

It's finally happening. For someone who was losing their shit 3 hours ago, I feel awfully calm. I stood on front of the altar and Blake fixed my tie. I saw my family's faces in the crowds, along with a lot of familiar faces I was in touch with growing up. They all blurred out though, when she walked into the scene.

Hair as dark as obsidian silk, eyes as mesmerising as molten amethysts, her face looked like it was carved by Michelangelo himself, her frame petite and her dress flowing behind her. She looked perfect, perfectly made for me, the embodiment of a Heaven-sent.

I watched her, mesmerised, as she glided her way across the hall, straight towards me. Her grandfather was holding her arm, as her guardian. Now she was my responsibility, my right hand, my emblem of dignity. As she stood before me, I envisioned the Queen she would become one day, ruling beside me, continuing the Okogi dynasty. 

She was the light to my dark, the calm to my storm, she was mine. She was my Mei. I'm ready.

Mei POV:

All the doubts I had stripped away when I saw Yuzu standing tall at the end of the altar. Her face glowing with joy seeing me. Even though marrying her seemed like a joke a year ago, her kingdom attacking us and all, I couldn't help but think this was how it was made to be. I was always destined to marry Yuzu, I just didn't know it before.

I walked to her, my grandfather holding my hand, and I felt his approval shining through, like he couldn't have been more happy and relieved that it was Yuzu I was marrying. I'd always thought I'd marry a Prince Charming, now I couldn't be happier to call the scarred Knight mine. Standing tall with a lean frame, her hair looked like gold threads, her eyes as sharp and bright as emeralds, she radiated power in a way that made everyone around her feel safe.

She was my pillar of support, my sanctuary, she was mine. She was my Yuzu. I'm ready.

3rd Person POV:

The wedding was performed smoothly. The couple were asked to share a kiss, which they did, along with the cheers and teasing whistles from their friends. The alliance was made. The kingdom of the Okogis and Aiharas were now one. The couple's vows were personalised, both of them having written their own. The Okogian General was now married to the Raven Princess, till death do they part.

Everything went perfectly, and now everyone headed to the castle, with hoorays and cheers,  where the Masquerade Ball was to be hosted.

Oh how bad things were gonna deescalate to.