The Pillow Talk

What did I say in the last chapter? They blissfully fell asleep? WRONG! They didn't.....they were just acting!
Yuzu: Hehe you fell for it
Mei: Totally fooled you
Ahh shucks! Guess they did. Anyways, enough with the gibberish.....on with the story!
P.S. Right where we left off last chapter.

Mei POV
Yuzu carried me to our bedroom and gently lay me down on the bed. Her smell was intoxicating, like a fresh sea-breeze blowing through a filed of wild flowers. Her arms were strong and well-built. I blushed thinking about being trapped by those arms and looking at Yuzu's green eyes from below, as we make sweet love. I could feel her sleeping behind me and could almost imagine her soft breaths on my back. Suddenly, I remembered the kiss we shared in the alley. My face turned more red remembering her firm but soft lips.
Why did I decide to date Huruki before? Ugh I'm so stupid. I don't even prefer guys. I guess it was because we were friends and when he suddenly asked me out, I wanted to see what it was like to be in love. That was stupid since I never had any attraction towards Haurki and only considered him as a brother.
Falling in love with someone was what I'm feeling now. I am falling in love with Yuzu. I want her warmth, her kisses and love. I want her to be mine. How she protected me from the attackers . She then remembered Yuzu's cut gasping softly, had a flashback:

Flashback:
"Mom where's Papa?"asked little Mei as she hid with her mother while the castle was under attack. "Shhh I'll go find him now. Just promise me you won't get out of here." said Ayame Aihara as she consoled her 3 year-old daughter. "Yes mama" replied little Mei.
Suddenly, the door crashed open, revealing soldiers. Ayame immediately shoved Mei behind her. The soldiers swung their swords and cut off Ayame's head and hands. Mei's body was shielded by her mother but she could still see how her mother was getting killed protecting her. She lost consciousness only to wake up in a different room and getting told by her grandfather that she lost both her parents during the attack.
Flashback ends

3rd Person POV
Mei whimpered slightly remembering that and teared up. To be honest she wasn't scared of the attackers. She was scared of how Yuzu put herself in front of the sword to protect her, just like her mother did all those years ago. Her head was getting filled with all these dreadful thought when suddenly she felt Yuzu softly pull her towards her chest. "Hey. Had a nightmare? I heard you whimpering. It's okay, I'm here" Yuzu said softly while hugging her from the back.
"Mhhh yeah I did. Please just don't let go" Mei said in a shaky tone. And after saying that she felt Yuzu turn her over and pull her close, wrapping her arms around her waist, making Mei's face rest on Yuzu's chest. They both blushed at the close contact. "The painkillers' side-effects finally wore off, I was getting kinda dizzy. Don't worry Mei, I'll make those bastards pay for scaring you like that." Yuzu said in a calm yet serious tone. "I wasn't scared of them. I was scared seeing you hurt because of me." said Mei, sniffling softly. Hearing that, Yuzu widened her eyes , realising, and gently cupped Mei's face and made her look at her. "It was my choice to stand in front of you Mei, to protect you. Soon, you'll be my wife and it is my duty to protect you." Yuzu said gently. "So you did that just because it was your duty?" asked Mei, hurting inside, since she thought Yuzu was falling for her too, and looked down.
"Yes and no. It is indeed my duty to protect you since I promised your grandfather but also because-" "Because what?" asked Mei, looking at Yuzu's eyes. "Because I love you" Yuzu said, silently praying to all the gods that she doesn't faint from saying that, since she never told someone those words in a romantic way before.
Mei blushed heavily hearing that, and buried her face in Yuzu's chest. Just before again drifting back to sleep, Yuzu heard a quite "I love you too" from the beauty, causing her to sigh happily and snuggle Mei more. Soon the couple fell into a deep, dreamless slumber.