The City Tour (First Part)

Sorry for not updating sooner dear readers. Happy reading!
The early morning sun was casting its soft glow on the Okogi princess' room. The two Princesses were faced the opposite directions in the king-sized bed and were sleeping soundly. After a while, the blonde-haired princess opened her eyes, blinking softly to adjust to the sunlight. She sat up on her bed and looked at the beauty sleeping on the other side. She smiled softly, and then remembered the kiss they shared the previous night. Her face heated up just thinking about it and she again glanced at her fiancé. "It's just not fair. How can she be so gorgeous! It should be a crime to be so alluring while sleeping, her pajama top is literally exposing her shoulder!!" thought Yuzu as she blushed and went to take a shower.
Yuzu was thinking about the places she would take her fiancé for visiting in the kingdom while standing in the cold running water. She was so engrossed in thinking about the sights of her kingdom, that she didn't see Mei sitting up in their bed and rubbing her eyes when she got out of the shower. Luckily, she had a robe around her. "Oh Mei, you're awake. Good morning. You should go take a bath and then we'll go to breakfast together."
Mei looked at Yuzu and blushed. Water drops were still clinging to her slender neck and the bathrobe left little to imagination. Mei didn't know why but her throat suddenly felt dry. She quickly looked away and replied in her usual monotone voice, " Good morning Yuzu. I'll go take a bath now." and then she hurriedly went to the bathroom and locked the door. Mei then looked at herself in the mirror only to find her ears burning red. She hoped that Yuzu didn't notice that and she proceeded to take a shower.
After getting out, she saw Yuzu standing in the balcony; Mei had a warm feeling in her chest seeing that Yuzu wanted to give her privacy and not make things awkward for them . She got dressed in a lavender top and a long grey skirt. Then just as she was about to call Yuzu, she emerged from the balcony with a smile on her face.
Yuzu was wearing this:

"Oh you're ready! Come on let's go have some breakfast! Then we can go visit the capital

"Oh you're ready! Come on let's go have some breakfast! Then we can go visit the capital." said Yuzu a she held the door open for Mei. They both passed through the hallways, reaching their destination and opening the door to the dining hall . To their surprise, Matsuri and Blake were already seated there. " Oh hey guys! Good morning!" said Yuzu. "Morning" was both their reply as they both glared at Mei.
"Hey guys, come on now. Stop glaring at her." said Yuzu, causing Mei to blush heavily and make the 2 of them smirk slightly.
Yuzu then pulled Mei's chair for her and sat down beside her, across Matsuri and Blake. Mei listened to the trio's conversation while having breakfast. They were talking about where Yuzu could take her to visit in their kingdom. Suddenly the door was thrown open as Himeko and Harumin came inside. "Good morning y'all!" said an over-enthusiastic Harumin. They all replied and then, as Harumin and Himeko were guards and maids, they wanted to remain standing.
Mei felt a little bad and was about to join her friends when Yuzu stood up and went to Harumin and Himeko and told them to sit down for breakfast with them. They were a bit hesitant but then sat down, Himeko next to Mei and Harumin next to Matsuri. Yuzu and Blake both raised their eyebrows, looking at each other and smirking slightly seeing Matsuri getting flustered.
After breakfast, Yuzu led Mei to their chariot for going to the capital since it was a bit far away from the castle. They both sat inside it and Yuzu told the chariot-driver (idk what they're called) to take them to the Main Street, where most businesses, cafes and shops were open.

They both were sitting next to each other in the chariot and then Yuzu broke the silence "You should stay close to me. A lot of kingdoms disapprove of this alliance so there might be assassins to kill or kidnap you. Also, there is a chance of you getting raped since the alleys are filled with drunk thugs." in a very serious tone. Mei's eyes widened and she started to feel nervous. Yuzu noticed this and burst out laughing. "Why are you laughing? I could be raped, kidnapped or worse, killed and you're just laughing!" exclaimed an offended Mei and then she looked away. Yuzu then stopped laughing and put her hand on Mei's head, making Mei look at her. "Don't worry too much. Most people would think ten times before coming after you knowing who you are engaged to. And besides, I promise I won't let anything happen to you." said Yuzu in a low voice. Mei blushed hard listening to that and said, "Well I guess my life's in your hand now. Please don't let them kill me." said Mei in a cocky tone, trying to regain a little control of the conversation. Just before Yuzu could answer though, the chariot-driver said " We are here Princesses." and the chariot stopped. Then just before Yuzu could get out, she whispered close to Mei's ear , "Wouldn't plan on it." and got out . Mei was blushing red since her ears were sensitive, but Yuzu didn't know that, at least for now.
Then Mei saw Yuzu holding out her hand for Mei to get out of the chariot. Mei held her hand and carefully got out since she was in a skirt.
Then just before Yuzu could lead her to the Main Street to watch a play that was occurring, Yuzu told Mei, "Hold my arm, it's safer." and extended her arm towards Mei, both of them blushing slightly. Mei held on to Yuzu's arm and the couple started strolling towards the street, occasionally glancing at each other and making small conversations as the wind blew slightly, making the weather perfect, and the smell of flowers from huge orchards made the air intoxicating.
While the couple were so busy with each other's company, they failed to notice a cloaked man standing in the dark alleys. "The Princesses are out. Time to kill the Aihara." in a gruff, low voice as he turned back and disappeared in the shadows.