One

War of the Best

Law's side

"Who is that woman?!" he shouts angrily, throwing down everything from a table in the operating theatre to make a place for Strawhat's body.

His blood slowly leaks out to the metal, then to the ground. The boy's breath is fast and ragged.

"She collapsed next to our ship. We couldn't leave her there!" answers Penguin, carefully laying the woman on the floor. "The ice will break when we escape."

She doesn't look like a marine.

Nor a pirate.

"Don't put her on the ground," growls Law, taking his gloves on. He takes a deep breath, the air running through his lungs like cold water to silence his thoughts. "Bepo, go and help Shachi with the ship. And someone, get my tools! Her state?"

"Her left leg burned heavily, and a shot wound in the chest. I see some blood on her hair too."

I don't have time.

The raven-haired man deflates his long arms, and clears his mind. Scalpels and bandages fly into the air.

He lours from the concentration, feeling every living cell and bleeding injury under the glowing dome of his Devil Fruit.

The golden eyes find the woman's subtle features, and his hand shakes slightly for a moment from the peace surrounding the frail silhouette.

Law shakes his head to get back to reality after a drop of blood flows out of her lips.

And the Surgeon of Death starts the three operations at the same time.

.

.

.

A few weeks later

Law is standing by the window of his room, calmly watching the ocean.

The waves of the sea follow their secret dance, embracing each other, singing a song not to be heard by human ears.

It always helped him to get away from reality.

I wonder how Strawhat-ya is doing.

Two years is a long time.

A silver-colored fish swims beside the submarine, and the slight wrinkles around his eyes fade.

It's time to enter the New World. I must complete Cora-san's goal. But I doubt I will be enough by myself.

But I can't risk my crew's life against that man.

Maybe an alliance.

He sighs deeply and returns to his bed to rest his tired eyes and enjoy the silence of his room.

Only his mind can't stay silent, not even for a second.

Thoughts chase each other all day until his head hurts so much that he won't be able to sleep.

It's always like that since he is gone.

Everything is loud.

The old clock on his wall strikes the bell, and Law sits up with a yawn, stretching himself to move the numb muscles. He sets back the timer before leaving.

Time to check on her.

Law takes on his black coat and walks to the medical room, scratching his head, only messing up his hair more.