THIRTY SIX

Violet's wakes up to the feeling of the car stopping. Elsie is next to her reading a book, and Rebekah and Elena are in the front.

"Why are we stopping?" Rebekah asks, getting out of the car.

"We've searched three cities in the last 24 hours, I'm sick of Top 40 radio, and I smell like leather." Elena explains

"And that's my fault? You are the one who stole the list of Katherine's possible whereabouts, did you ever think that Damon had bad information?" Rebekah questions.

Elena looks around. "Have I mentioned I can't stand the sound of your voice?"

Rebekah: Too bad. We're not done. Get in, next town.

"Come on." Violet rolls her eyes, looking to Elsie. "I need to use the bathroom. I also need a break from Miss. Whiney over here."

"Okay." Elsie shrugs, equally glad to be rid of Elena if only for a few minutes.

"We will be back in a few minutes, I need to use the bathroom." Violet gets out of the car. "Elena, don't kill anyone. Rebekah, don't kill Elena."

*

When they return, the spot where Elena and Rebekah were is empty, and the car gone with it.

"That little shit." Violet shakes her head in annoyance. "Why?!" She tries to ring both Rebekah and Elena, but to no avail. She even tries ringing Katherine, but is equally unsuccessful.

After half an hour of sitting at the side of the road, a single text from Rebekah with an address and a couple directions is sent through.

"Oh wow, super helpful Rebekah, Jesus." She says sarcastically. "Thanks a lot."

Nevertheless, she follows the directions and ends up outside of a diner. When she enters, she finds Rebekah sitting next to Katherine and Elena sits opposite Katherine.

"Thank you, guys, for leaving us on the side of the road. That was a super fun experience!" She feigns a smile, taking a seat beside Elena as Elsie sits next to Katherine.

"Where's the cure?" Elena asks.

"What? No "I'm here to avenge my annoying little brother" speech?" Katherine rolls her eyes.

"People die. We move on." Elena shrugs, expressionless.

"After turning off our humanity switch." Katherine realises. "So sad for the boys, though. Their special snowflake of human frailty...gone. Well, if we're gonna be a while, I'm gonna go grab some menus."

Katherine starts to stand up but Rebekah stabs her hand with a fork, pinning it to the table. Katherine groans in pain and sits back down.

Violet snorts in amusement, earning a glare from Katherine. "I'm sorry, you deserved that one."

"Gee thanks." Katherine rolls her eyes, earning a sarcastic smile from her sister.

A waitress stops at the table, looking down at the knife in Katherine's hand in shock. "Oh, my god. What happened?"

They look up at her. No one says anything, so Elena kicks Katherine in the foot, and smiles up at the waitress.

Katherine sighs. "I'm fine, Jolene. You didn't see anything." She compels the waitress, who nods, smiles, and leaves.

"Every minute you two waste with your yapping is another minute we give Stefan and Damon to find us." Elena says.

Rebekah grabs Katherine by the chin with vampire speed. "Where's the cure?" She compels.